Senior Data Analyst (Python | SQL | Tableau | Excel | Data analytics)
Nov 18, 2023
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
A data analyst is responsible for organizing data related to metrics, logs and events from various Zscaler products and databases. They utilize technical expertise to ensure data is accurate and high-quality. Data is then analyzed, designed, and presented in a way that assists individuals, businesses, and organizations make better decisions.
Zscaler has an enormous amount of structured data generated by various Zscaler Products within the zero-trust architecture. The number of logs generated on daily basis is over 300 billion. This enables Zscaler with unique capability to provide deep insights to various critical functions within the company and customers.
- Collecting data from various Database like Zscaler Database, ADX, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Tableau, spreadsheet, and others.
- Streamlining data collection methods by building complex pipelines to create automated and easy-to-use routines.
- Analyzing collected data and putting it into a format that others can easily interpret.
- Interpreting data trends and patterns as they relate to the various functions of the organization.
- Performing analysis to assess the quality and meaning of data.
- Using statistical tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets could be helpful for the diagnosis and prediction.
- Preparing reports for organizational leadership to use in a business environment.
- Building Dashboards and Visualizations for various use cases using various tools like Kibana, Grafana, Tableau and others.
- Collaborating with other employees, including engineers and programmers, to determine areas of improvement in relation to data.
- Proven working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst.
- Exp - 4 + years
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Databases like ADX, ElasticSearch, Hive is preferred.
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Kibana, Grafana is preferred.
By applying for this role, you adhere to applicable laws, regulations, and Zscaler policies, including those related to security and privacy standards and guidelines.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
See more information by clicking on the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal link.
Zscaler complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Zscaler is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations or adjustments) in our recruiting processes for candidates who are differently abled, have long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support.