For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose-built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 3,900 companies and have detected 100 Million threats/day.
We work in a fast-paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrives on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
The Sr. Analytics and Insight Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. The role will also focus on optimizing the data supply chain from enterprise applications such as Salesforce, NetSuite, Xactly, Adaptive Insights, Success Factors and Clari to our data warehouse Snowflake for Data Analytics.
If you are naturally data curious, excited about both deriving insights from data and designing data pipelines to improve availability and usability of those insights, and motivated by having impact on the business, we want to hear from you.
Zscaler has spent years building ground-breaking technology that’s improving the security postures of enterprises around the world. And while engineering teams have been building great Zscaler products, our G&A teams have been building Zscaler into a great company. The members of our GA teams have been working together to recruit the right people, create the right culture and environment, and build a solid financial and legal foundation—all of which has brought us to an incredibly exciting stage with a lot of momentum driving us forward. Join us and you, too, will have the opportunity to be a part of the excitement and contribute to Zscaler’ s growth and success in meaningful ways.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- You will extensively use data driven insights combined with business knowledge to help drive loss savings, optimization, and customer experience improvement ideas.
- Financial Modelling: Design, develop and deploy analytic solutions using (predictive modelling, machine learning, clustering/ linear regression techniques etc.) to solve real time business problems.
- Converting raw data into meaningful insights through interactive and easy-to-understand tableau dashboards, reports and storytelling.
- Develop project execution methodology and documentation and implement development best practices, version control and deployment pipeline management.
- Data insights and analysis: Summarize key data driven insights to members of the senior leadership team to drive better outcomes, an increase in revenue or decrease in cost.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the operational and quality metrics.
- Recommends actions for future developments & strategic business opportunities, as well as enhancements to operational policies.
- End-to-end problem-solving and communication abilities: diagnosis, data cleaning, integration and transformation, analysis, visualization, and presentation.
- Partner with technical team resources to develop and implement enhancements and new capabilities in the suite of Reporting & Analytics tools.
- Work closely with internal and external business partners in building, implementing, tracking and improving decision strategies and building exploratory data analysis, confirmatory data analysis and/or qualitative analysis.
- Take initiatives in improving the quality and efficiency of internal reports, including enhancing financial models and streamlining analysis and processes.
- 3+ years of experience in Strategy and Analytics. And A degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, Computer Science, Data Science or a similar discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Visualization, Storytelling, Reporting and Analytics.
- 3 + Years’ experience in Python and advanced SQL.
- Have an eye for how the data should be structured and consumed before brining into Tableau or any other BI tool.
- Strong understanding of statistical concepts, such as confidence intervals, cohort analysis, forecasting techniques, machine learning, and various forms of sample selections and biases.
- Data analysis: Passion for understanding business questions and providing data driven insights; excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient experience in building forecasting models/ predictive models from scratch using techniques i.e. Logistic/ linear regression, bagging/ boosting techniques etc.
- Business acumen: Understand business to influence senior leaders’ Quantitative analysis to support key business decisions.
- Ability to present financial data concisely through written and oral communication. Expert at influencing business stakeholders
- Work with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key financial/operations decision data is accurate, automated, and delivered in a timely fashion.
- Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Financial data analysis/interpretation
- Excellent verbal and written communication & data presentation skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- A self-starter, who proactively converts gaps into opportunities.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Desire to learn, positive “can do” attitude, enjoys challenges.
- Flexibility to work U.S. time for business/team meetings.
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.