Zirous is an accomplished tech firm based out of West Des Moines, IA. For over 35 years, Zirous has been committed to executing best practices and going above and beyond industry standards to provide viable solutions for customers in all things data & analytics, marketing technology, cloud adoption, enterprise integration, identity & access management, custom application development, and extended reality. Zirous is seeking a Data Scientist who is eager to work with a variety of technologies and to continue to develop their technical expertise.
Our technology partners include: Adobe Marketo, AWS, Microsoft, OneTrust, Okta, Oracle, SailPoint, Tealium, Vertify, and many more!
Zirous has also been recognized as a Top Workplace in the State of Iowa across multiple years based 100% on employee feedback. Join our fantastic team today!
Location: This position will work in a hybrid model with both work from home (remote) days each Monday & Friday, as well as on-site days at the West Des Moines, IA office each Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Zirous offers a flexible schedule so that you can work to meet clients needs and your personal needs. On-site days as described will be required for this role, local candidates within the Des Moines, IA metro will be given priority.
What you'll be doing:
As a Data Scientist you will be responsible for leading the collection and interpretation of data, to communicate findings to customers to make educated business decisions. This role is a combination of strategy & environment design, with hands-on implementation.
The ideal candidate is a data expert who has extensive experience in data wrangling, statistical analysis and computing, predictive analytics, machine learning algorithms, and data visualization. This position will:
Collect structured and unstructured data alongside data engineers.
Create new frameworks to collect data, as needed, including but not limited to building tools to automate data collection
Transfer data into new formats to make it more appropriate for analysis
Work with large data sets to identify key information such as trends, patterns, and actionable results
Build predictive models and using machine learning algorithms
Create dashboards and presentations for business users
Present complex concepts as concise business-focused takeaways
Collaborate with engineers to develop end-to-end data pipelines
Coordinate with the Zirous technical team and client teams on strategy and implementation details
Work with a project team to gather business and technical requirements
Work closely with Project Managers to ensure successful project implementation
Provide expert and specialized hands-on technical support, consultation and coaching to clients
Responsible for development and management of technical strategies and initiatives that take advantage of existing technologies, as well as bring forth new technologies that address business needs in an efficient manner
Complete evaluation, selection and management of technology partners to supplement Zirous’ subject matter knowledge
Other duties as assigned
What to expect:
- To work independently on your individual tasks, but also work as part of a team on a variety of initiatives. Your data-related expertise is wanted and needed - team collaboration is key.
- To work alongside some of the smartest people you'll ever know. You'll learn from them, and they'll learn from you.
- LOTS of perks: catered lunches, snacks, beverages, social hours, on-site gym & shower facility, small group activity options outside of work (think axe throwing, bowling, pickleball, go-karts, and more), and a flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely and in the office.
- Recognition for a job well done! Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year awards with bonus amounts for each.
- Company-wide lunches on-site and remotely.
- Lunch and Learns (throughout the year we educate each other on different industry topics).
- Casual dress - jeans, sweatshirts, and flip flops are all acceptable while in our office or while working from home.
- Professional development opportunities: certifications, continued education, speaking engagements, etc.
- Much, much, more!
Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or in a related field or equivalent work experience. Master’s Degree and/or relevant experience highly preferred.
5+ years of practical experience with and theoretical understanding and application of machine learning algorithms and statistics is required.
Deep understanding and extensive experience with data structures, object oriented and declarative programming.
Advanced skills in SQL, Python and R related to artificial intelligence, machine learning or deep learning.
Proven experience in finding unique insights from data that drive business value.
Ability to present complex concepts as concise business-focused takeaways.
Collaborate with engineers to develop end-to-end data pipelines.
Excellent communication skills, analytic ability, good judgment and the ability to work effectively with clients and staff.
Solid organizational skills, ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on detail.
5+ years of experience with the following technologies:
Microsoft Azure, Data Factory, Synapse, Data Lake Gen 2, Logic Apps, Fabric
Azure SQL Database, Microsoft SQL Server
SQL, Java, XML
AWS, Oracle, Google Cloud
Tableau, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Qlik Sense, Google Data Studio, Looker, Quicksight, Microsoft Purview
- Contributing to the success of a high caliber team
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k) match
- An environment that fosters personal and professional growth
- Hybrid model of in-office and work from home days each week
- Flexible scheduling
- Opportunities to work on exciting and varied projects
- Flexible time off (FTO) - Unlimited time off - take what you need while still supporting your team members and Zirous
- Paid holidays
- Cell phone subsidy and discounts through Verizon
- We value our employees' personal time, career desires and life goals
Zirous is an equal opportunity employer.