At Zeller, we’re champions for businesses of all sizes, and proud to be a fast-growing Australian scale-up taking on the ambitious goal of reimagining business banking and payments.
We believe in a level playing field, where all businesses benefit from access to smarter payments and financial services solutions that accelerate their cash flow, help them get paid faster, and give them a better understanding of their finances. So we’re hard at work building the tools to make it happen.
Zeller is growing fast, backed by leading VCs, and brings together a global team of passionate payment and tech industry professionals. With an exciting roadmap of innovative new products under development, we are building a high performing team to take on the outdated banking solutions. If you are passionate about innovation, thrive in fast-paced environments, embrace a challenge, hate bureaucracy, and can’t think of anything more exciting than disrupting the status-quo, then read on to learn more.
About the Role
As a Data & Analytics Engineer at Zeller, your role is instrumental in creating and maintaining the data infrastructure that empowers data-driven decision-making, supports regulatory compliance, and enables the development of innovative financial products and services. This is a hands-on position where no task is too small or too big for you, ranging from day-to-day data operations to architecting intricate data solutions.The Data team is part of the broader Operations team and partners across the business to provide long-term and short-term decision making support. You are comfortable working cross functionally, internally and externally driving projects and providing insight, staying multiple ‘moves’ ahead of where we are.
As a Data & Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Data pipeline development
- Implementing Zeller's data collection and integration strategy across the organisation.
- Constructing and optimising processes and techniques to ensure the accuracy and reliability of data across various domains, fostering trust in all data assets.
- Collaborating closely with the Data Scientist to efficiently scale our data infrastructure, incorporating Data Science requirements into the growth roadmap.
Data architecture and management
- Designing, developing, and maintaining scalable data pipelines and architectures to support various data-driven applications and use cases.
- Ensuring data quality, security, and accessibility in alignment with best practices.
- Evaluating and integrating new tools and technologies to enhance data processing and management capabilities.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to deliver research insights and day-to-day analytical tools that inform decision-making.
- Utilising data analysis techniques to identify opportunities for product enhancements, process optimizations, and data asset monetization.
- Contributing to the refinement of Zeller's strategies, products, and operations through the translation of data insights into actionable business outcomes.
Your background and experience
- 2 - 5 years of experience in Data Engineering, preferably in a high growth environment;
- Proficiency in SQL and noSQL databases, as well as programming languages such as Python or R (strong Python skills are valued).
- Familiarity with ETL and ELT frameworks and tools, including dbt, Airflow, Airbyte, Dagster and PySpark/Spark
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify patterns, trends, and insights from data.
- Experience in building and optimising data pipelines and architectures to support business needs.
- Knowledge of machine learning and AI models and their applications in business problem-solving.
- Cloud experience in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Services and implementing Infrastructure as Code
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development, Domain-Driven Design and Event-Driven Architecture
- Understanding of database design principles and dimensional data modelling techniques.
- You love to challenge the status-quo;
- You’re agile, ambitious, and motivated to be the best at everything you do;
- Ability to work autonomously yet collaboratively;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Presentation skills – ability to write and speak clearly to easily communicate complex ideas in a way that is easy to understand;
- Structured problem solving skills and comfortable with ambiguity;
- Be able to continually balance speed, perfection, and actionable outcomes from your analysis.
What’s in it for you?
Zeller offers a balanced, progressive and supportive work environment - with a competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage.
With competitive parental leave and other benefits on offer, now's the time to join our rapidly growing team with opportunities to develop your career - wherever your passions and skills take you.
How we work
Our team thrives on the energy of being together. While technology connects us virtually, we love the in-person collaboration and spend majority of our work week at our spacious (and fully stocked with snacks) Melbourne CBD office.
Like the rest of the team, you’ll benefit from
A competitive salary package, including equity from an early stage;
A balanced, progressive, and supportive work environment;
Excellent parental leave and other leave entitlements;
A fantastic office environment;
Endless learning and development opportunities;
Plenty of fun and social opportunities - we love to come together as a team;
An ability to influence and shape the future of Zeller as our company scales both domestically and globally;
Being part of one of Australia’s most exciting scale-ups.
At Zeller, we are looking for passionate people with drive and integrity. You are encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description.