Manager, Data Products Client Services
Sep 08, 2023
Remote, Pacific time zone, United States
YouGov is an international research data and analytics group.
We help the world’s most recognised brands, media owners and agencies to plan, activate and track better marketing activities. As pioneers of online market research, we have been building an ever-growing source of consumer data for the past twenty years. Creating the richest and most complete understanding of your customers’ complex lives. We call it living data.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do. Unlike our competitors, we understand how opinions and trends change from day-to-day, week-to-week and year-to-year. That’s why we have built a platform that gets you right to the source for reliable, accurate data that reflects the reality of a complicated world. Imagine if you could know what 20 million+ people in over 55 markets were thinking now? Or last week? And do so again and again? That’s why we’re different.
Rather than commissioned research that’s already out-of-date by the time it reaches someone’s inbox, our data is alive. So, no matter how quickly things change, our clients are always in the know.
YouGov. Living Consumer Intelligence.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to YouGov. We are committed to giving the world a voice by capturing the opinions of all groups, including the ones that are often under-represented in research. We are also committed to making sure that our products and tools are free from any bias, as accuracy is key to what we do. None of the above can be done without having a truly diverse workforce, in an inclusive workplace. We are very keen on attracting and retaining the best talent. And best talent also means a diverse pool of talent, with various backgrounds and perspectives.
Supporting the wellbeing of our staff, including maintaining a good work and life balance, is important to us. We support flexible working arrangements where appropriate for a role, with many locations offering a hybrid office-and-remote working approach.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of occupational qualifications, merit, and business need.
About YouGov Data Products Client Services
The Data Products Client Services team is focused on delivering value to our clients through the actionable insights derived from YouGov’s industry leading brand-tracking and audience profiling syndicated products, BrandIndex and Profiles. Our team uses a powerful mix of syndicated tools, analytics, data visualization and storytelling skills to deliver impactful data stories to answer our clients’ most strategic business questions such as Brand Health Tracking, Customer Funnel Journeys, Audience Sizing & Profiling, and Campaign Tracking. The Client Services team plays a vital role within the company, developing strong relationships as a trusted strategic partner to our clients.
As a Client Services Manager with YouGov, you’ll be an essential member of the Data Products team, managing the day-to-day relationships with a portfolio of key clients subscribing to the BrandIndex and Profiles products. Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) building sustainable, profitable partnerships with our clients through positive experiences, leveraging YouGov’s syndicated data products to deliver analytical insights and recommendations to address our customers’ business objectives, and coaching/developing junior members of the team. You will support YouGov clients, ranging from Fortune 100s to fast-growing companies, spanning a variety of industries with the opportunity to work with brands, agencies, and media companies.
In this role you will report into the Client Services Director and you will be charged with ensuring we are driving successful outcomes for the clients’ relationships that you lead. While your job responsibilities will vary day-to-day, client by client, they will largely focus on the following key responsibilities:
- Own the relationship with a portfolio of client accounts, focusing on building and maintaining healthy, profitable partnerships
- Leverage expertise of BrandIndex, Profiles and peripheral YouGov capabilities to ensure clients realize the full potential of our subscription offerings
- Deeply understand clients’ business objectives to deliver solutions and insights tailored to clients’ needs
- Partner with peers in New Business and Account Management to identify opportunities to expand the scope of our relationships through positive client experiences and relevant incremental solutions
- Insights Discovery & Story Telling: Deliver data-driven narratives and recommendations, addressing client’s ad hoc business questions
- Act as the primary lead interacting with the senior leadership teams of your client accounts, to ensure servicing and solutions align to clients’ objectives
- Serve as the “voice of the client” to inform our product development roadmaps
- Design and deliver re-occurring Insights reports to clients addressing core insight needs, including Brand Tracking, Market Sizing, and Audience Identification & Profiling
- Ensure new clients get up to speed swiftly, leading onboarding and training efforts and client workshops
- Mentor junior team members, helping to develop research, technical and soft skills
Technical Skills & Qualifications:
- An experienced researcher with 3+ years working in client facing market research, with a track record of building positive, lasting customer relationships
- Proven consulting skills: conceptualizing, analyzing, deriving insights from data, and designing an execution plan to drive results from insights
- Comfort proactively diving into the data to find the right data points to answer business questions and create compelling stories for clients
- Strong presentation skills, with experience presenting directly to clients and prospects with varying levels of experience from analyst to executive leadership
- Must be able to speak the client’s language, understand their key strategic initiatives and how consumer data can be leveraged to achieve their goals
- Intellectually curious, with a growth mindset
- Demonstrate thought leadership, strengthening client engagements by connecting ideas to their objectives
- Entrepreneurial mindset - everyone on the team gets their hands dirty with data and you will need to. Be a problem solver not just a problem identifier
- A proactive, self-starter with a bias for action
- Skilled at building and managing customer relationships, including key stakeholder management
- A collaborator’s mentality, eager to partner with internal stakeholders to delight our clients
- Strong project management and organizational skills to prioritize work within and across client relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record of delivering high-quality results in an accurate and timely manner
- 3+ years working in client facing market research, consulting, or data analytics role
- A minimum of 2 years directly managing client relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. A degree in a marketing or a research field is a plus (i.e., economics, psychology, business, marketing, market research, analytics, etc.)
- Strong MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Experience designing and executing survey research
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools, CRM’s, and Client Management Applications (ex. Tableau, PowerBI, Salesforce, Netsuite, Catalyst, etc.)
- Experience working with programming languages (ex. R, SQL, etc.)
- Prior experience managing or developing others
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To find out how we collect and use your personal data when you apply for a role at YouGov, please read our privacy notice at https://jobs.yougov.com/privacy