Here at Xiatech, we believe that a great work-life balance leads to a contented and productive team. We enable all our teams to work remotely in order that they enjoy the flexibility and freedom to work at a time and place convenient to their lifestyle. Of course, when it comes to the serious stuff of doing business, everyone at Xiatech makes themselves available and delivers to a high standard.
Using the latest in Open Source, Microservices, Big Data and Cloud technologies, Xiatech has developed Xfuze, an innovative Hyper-Integration Platform.
Xfuze (Hyper-Integration Platform - Xiatech) provides organisations with three core capabilities in a single platform:
1. Real-time system integration
2. Real-time, single view of data
3. Real-time, actionable insights, including predictive analytics
This role is an opportunity to join an established UK-based Software as a Service organisation who believe in using the latest leading-edge technology to drive business growth.
The Data Engineer is responsible for data engineering features and functionality of our Xfuze integration and Analytic Platforms, including involvement in the roadmap and prioritisation of new requirements.
They will work closely with the client business teams, the Xfuze project team, the stakeholders and their peers in the data engineering team, ensuring all requirements and views are represented in delivering the final product. This includes all elements of the platform, including the integrations, data flows, dashboards, user interface, back office tooling and third-party plug-ins.
You will be working with the very latest technologies from our partners at Amazon, Google, DataBricks, BigEye, Tableau, etc. and will be required to have prior experience in developing cutting edge, big data applications.
- Enhance and grow our Xfuze platform, our suite of analytics and data products
- Integrate Xfuze into our clients’ system landscapes.
- Develop complex data flows with Google BigQuery, SQL, Dataform, Cloud Functions and other technologies associated with GCP and AWS
- Analyse client requirements, help them to specify, document, map the data, etc.
- Work with the CTO, CDO, engineering & data team and wider business to develop features and functionality and achieve success
- Take part in the agile process, writing stories and working with the backlog in Jira
- Provide industry insight, innovation and relevant expertise to ensure our Analytical products remains commercially competitive and efficient whilst optimising the brand and customer experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Customer first approach. Focused on driving deliveries to success.
- You’ll be required to engage directly with our clients, so a high energetic and dynamic personality is required. You’ll be happy to present and talk to the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels, both technical and non-technical
Core technical skills
- Experience of working with large scale, high volume, data-centric, applications and infrastructure
- Design and deliver complex data pipelines
- Experience of developing high quality SQL is essential, particularly with a good understanding of how to build views, materialisations and data flow scripts within a Data Lake / Data Warehouse environment against business requirements.
- Strong SQL development background, with at least 5 years’ experience in any SQL syntax etc.
- Integration, and ETL experience of Data Warehouse & Data Lake platforms either by scripting or ETL tools.
- Programming experience - any language, ideally Golang or Python
- Demonstrable experience delivering clean well tested code
Analysis & design
- Strong analytical skills and ability to undertake large data designs
- Previous data modelling and development experience is essential, particularly within BigData.
- A strong understanding of Entity Relationship and Dimensional Modelling.
- You’ll need to have experience in data analysis and data mapping to understand the data requirements and translate these into code and data structures
- Quick prototyping in order to show the value quickly
Cloud, tools and tech stack
- Good command of one major cloud, preferably GCP or AWS. Certification is a plus but not mandatory.
- Good database experience - but not necessarily a DBA
- A working experience of Google BigQuery would be desirable (alternatively Snowflake, Redshift or equivalent)
- Experience of NoSql document Databases like MongoDB/DynamoDB/Google BigQuery is a plus
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, Adobe analytics, Google Analytics, DataStudio, Looker and any other similar applications is desirable
- Big data stack such as Spark, Hadoop, FLink or similar would be ideal but not mandatory
- CI/CD and modern engineering toolset desirable. Good engineering practices.
- Well versed into Agile, epics, stories and the methodology
- Lead junior members of the team technically. Perform peer reviews, guide and coach.
- Can work on their own without constant supervision
- The data engineer will be an integral part of the data engineering team and will be working mostly remotely.
The position will be primarily remote based although some clients will require an onsite presence from time to time. We will always discuss the travel requirements with you prior to taking on a new client
There are many opportunities to grow within Xiatech, so if you want a hands-on role, using the latest technology within a rapidly expanding company and you have career aspirations as well, this role would be highly suitable.
● Energetic and Driven
● Capacity to Learn
If you would like the opportunity to join an established UK-based Software as a Service organisation who believe in using the latest leading-edge technology to drive business growth, please enquire now by emailing [email protected]
If you receive an offer of employment, this will be conditional upon satisfactory completion of a right to work & identity check, a reference check and a basic criminal record check for any unspent convictions.
Xiatech is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.