Who We Are:
Woodruff Sawyer has been an industry leader for over 100 years. As a top insurance brokerage, our clients range from small start-ups to some of the most innovative companies in the world. Here, your unique expertise and perspective helps move companies ahead and your career forward.
We believe in supporting the whole lives and careers of our employees. That’s why, through excellent benefits and opportunities, and a genuinely inclusive and collaborative environment, we create the space for you and your career to flourish.
As an employee-owned company, we build toward the next decade, not just the next quarter. Our independence means you answer to great ideas and client success, not short-term profits, while our ESOP program allows you to build long-term wealth and ownership in the company. At Woodruff Sawyer, you own your future.
As a Data Developer, you’ll be responsible for the data development work in a SQL Server system, supporting development team, and enterprise data warehouse reporting.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data analysts, developers, and business stakeholders, to understand requirements and develop solutions to complex reporting needs.
- Design, implement, and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.) and database security.
- Develop and maintain Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes to facilitate seamless data integration from various sources into centralized data marts.
- Perform query tuning and refining as part of software development feedback.
- Track and analyze data quality issues that are reported to the team or that are monitored as part of exception loading.
- Analyze and recommend changes to improve efficiency, performance, lower costs, and enhance quality of data assets.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements, automation, and data governance to enhance reporting efficiency and data reliability.
- Assist in the resolution of production problems and root cause analysis.
- Create and maintain reports using Tableau, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL
- Support a database change management methodology that supports application development life cycle and IT securities.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects while meeting deadlines and documenting progress towards those deadlines.
- Keep up to date with the latest trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in SQL database development and data management.
- Receive work direction and feedback from direct and indirect leadership.
This job is for you if you…
- Use judgement to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom and focuses on the crux of issues to identify high leverage intervention points and strategies.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication.
- Are a flexible team player with a “get-it-done” attitude.
- Can independently organize and plan your work.
- Thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 1-2 years working with SQL, ETL's, and Reporting (including SSRS and Tableau).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication teamwork, and issue resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization, both technical and non-technical team members.
- Documentation skills using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, visual chart software (Visio or Lucid Chart preferred).
- Experience with Jira and Confluence or similar software development tracking software.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights.
- Experience with Source Version Control software like GitHub, BitBucket and CICD pipelines.
- Expertise in developing ETL packages using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) with Visual Studio.
- Strong T-SQL Scripting. Designing, Developing, Testing SQL queries.
- Proficient in data visualization techniques and best practices, with an eye for aesthetics and usability.
- Industry insurance experience preferred.
Don’t meet every single preferred qualification? Studies have shown that underrepresented populations are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet all qualifications. At Woodruff Sawyer we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
More About Us:
Compensation: Anticipated salary between $72,409.00 - $120,681.00. Salary offered will be dependent upon geography, experience, and expertise of the candidate.
This position is eligible to participate in an incentive program to earn additional compensation with a target equivalent to 8% of salary annually, based on individual and Company performance.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan with company match
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program) and profit sharing
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Life Insurance, Short-term, and Long-Term Disability benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Wellness programs and workplace flexibility benefits
- Professional development and reimbursement programs
- Added perks like discounted event tickets, pet insurance, financial coaching, identity theft protection, milk stork, etc.
Compensation and Benefits are what Woodruff Sawyer in good faith believes are accurate for this role at the time of this posting.
Woodruff Sawyer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Equal Employment Policy incorporates our commitment to maintain an environment free of discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws providing equal employment opportunities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.