Operations Support Specialist- Business Intelligence(BI) - Data Analyst/Business Analyst
Nov 08, 2023
IND - Pune, Kalyani Nagar
The Operations Support Specialist- Legal Bill Review (“OSS”) is responsible for driving workflow and optimizing the daily activities of the Legal Bill Analysis Center of Excellence (“LBACOE”), which consists of Legal Invoice Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts, OSS, Managers, Senior Managers and Director. The LBACOE is responsible for the prompt, accurate and efficient auditing of electronically submitted legal fee and expense invoices submitted by law firms and vendors of our clients.
The Operations Support Specialist will ensure that the LBACOE’s workflow product meets and/or exceeds the established standards by utilizing defined metrics and process improvement initiatives. The OSS is also responsible for implementation of core operations management initiatives of the LBACOE, including, but not limited to, reporting, business continuity and workplace site supervision. Key functions of the OSS include gathering and distillation of data into key performance operations metrics and providing technical workflow support relative the LBACOE e-billing platforms used, including, but not limited to TyMetrix360 and Passport.
Supervise the LBACOE workflow to ensure the efficient and accurate review legal invoice entries by Legal Invoice Analysts and Quality Assurance Analysts. Coordinate and distribute legal bill assignments to team members.
Data analysis and compilation into various formats of metrics reporting.
Documentation and ongoing management of LBACOE operational standards of procedure.
Identification and development of new reporting metrics and compilation thereof.
Technical workflow assistance, including but not limited to
- Management of LBACOE-related technical support requests, whether generated by LBACOE clients, vendors or internally.
- Route incoming invoices in TyMetrix 360 and/or Passport to appropriate Legal Invoice Analyst(s) and/or QA Analyst(s) per management guidance.
- Assist in the organization of test environments and set-up of new users in appropriate platform(s) for new client initiatives
- Organize and coordinate deployment of hardware and software for new hires
- Act as liaison between LBACOE and IT to assist with platform troubleshooting and regular maintenance, including LBACOE team member password resets.
Promptly identify and address bottlenecks in the invoice auditing workflow while using sound discretion to escalate operational risks to manager(s).
Monitor and drive daily and long-term Legal Bill Analysis delivery production, often based on customer pre-determined schedules.
Developing, documenting and maintaining training documentation necessary to drive shorter ramp-up time using effective methodologies for new LBRCOE analysts.
Simplifying legal service agreements to produce effective operational outputs meeting and in some cases exceeding customer expectations.
Audit legal invoices on an as-needed basis, which involves making adjustments to invoice line item entries, where those line item entries violate provisions of the relevant billing guidelines and documenting the justification for such adjustments.
Conducting team events and best operational practices to drive high employee engagement & lead by example to Wolters Kluwer Purpose & Value promise.
Work with the LBACOE to create a culture of empowerment, engagement and innovation.
Drive performance excellence and operational efficiencies through a continually-evolving organizational structure.
Ability to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions; ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
Minimum: Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university and/ or equivalent experience in a legal services or legal bill auditing environment.
Experience, Knowledge and Tools
• At least 4-8 years of prior experience regularly interacting with clients and vendors in a legal services or legal auditing environment or similar services is required.
• Organizational skills, including the ability to organize work in an orderly fashion conducive to a high volume auditing practice.
• Strong data analysis and reporting skills, including team productivity and quality tracking.
• Effective communication skills - ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
• Ability to read legal rules (guidelines) and apply to series of information.
• Ability to review, analyze and evaluate legal fee and cost/expense invoice entries and to exercise discretion and sound judgment when making audit and adjustment decisions.
• Prior experience training new staff members, preferably in a legal setting. .
• Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and with very limited supervision after training.
• Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn the electronic legal bill submission and auditing software.
• Sound command of the English language-- grammar, syntax and style -- including an understanding of the conventions of punctuation and capitalization. Excellent spelling and proofreading skills.
• Familiarity with common business math and possess appropriate business telephone skills.
• Communications: Strong organizational and training skills are critical to being successful in this role. Strong communications skills and the ability to organize and motivate team members in a matrix environment are essential.
• Team Work: Must work collaboratively with people within LBACOE and throughout the entire WK organization, while providing constructive feedback to LBACOE from the BUs.
• Problem Solving: Capable of independent thinking and rendering sound decisions. Astute at identifying and engaging the necessary resources to help in decision making. Takes quick actions to identify and resolve the cause of any problem. Proactive in nature.
• Planning and Organizing: Must be able to conceive, develop and implement plans with the purpose of achieving short and long term goals. Must be able to prioritize and supervise resources in order to accomplish these goals in a given time period.
• Technology: Has the ability to partner with experts in the technology field to identify technology gaps and requirements necessary to develop position and impactful solutions.
• Learning: Ability to acquire new or modify existing knowledge to support a changing market place and workforce. Can demonstrate a capability to learn by study, experience, or instruction.
• Initiative and Enterprise: Is self-directed and has the ability to translate ideas into action and get things done.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Knowledge of Advanced MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills, Power Query, Macros, Power BI /Tableau is a must.
• Good working Knowledge of Basic Python, SQL is preferred
• Hybrid office environment
• Shift 3.00 p.m. – 12.00 a.m.