Wolt is a Helsinki-based technology company that provides an online platform for consumers, merchants and couriers. It connects people looking to order food and other goods with people interested in selling and delivering them. To enable this, Wolt develops a wide range of technologies from local logistics to retail software and financial solutions – as well as operating its own grocery stores under the Wolt Market brand. Wolt’s products include Wolt+ (subscription service for customers), Wolt for Work (meal benefits and office deliveries for companies), Wolt Drive (fast last-mile deliveries for merchants) and Wolt Self-Delivery (service for merchant partners with their own delivery staff). Wolt’s mission is to make cities better by empowering and growing local communities. Wolt was founded in 2014 and joined forces with DoorDash in 2022. DoorDash operates in 29 countries today, 25 of which are with the Wolt product and brand.
Working in Product Development at Wolt
At Wolt, we’re about getting things done. You’ll probably enjoy it here if you like taking ownership, developing yourself and being around friendly, humble and ambitious people.
The behind the scenes of Wolt is run by an awesome bunch of over 700+ planners, builders, designers and data crunchers. We call ourselves Product+, as we’re the very core of Wolt’s products, tools and platforms. To build our products, we work in over 60+ cross-functional, independent and autonomous teams. Teams are made up of a mix of talented individuals: engineers, designers, data scientists, analysts, and product leads. Each team takes ownership for solving customer problems in the best possible way.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We want to have all sorts of people in our team – people like you and me, and people different from you and me. To be able to work with diverse teammates – when it comes to gender, age, ethnicity, life background, sexual orientation, political views, religion, or any other personal trait – we consciously aim to offer equal opportunity for everyone to work with us. This is because we believe diverse teams make the most thought-through decisions and build things in the most inclusive way.
Join us today to build Wolt together.
About the Team
The Regional Analytics Team at Wolt focuses on solving country & region specific operational challenges and is tasked with “hitting the plan” for specific countries. To do this, the team works to understand the underlying drivers of growth at the market level and identifies the best opportunities to have an impact.
Data Scientists at Wolt work to uncover insights and turn them into relevant recommendations, driving decisions for the entire organisation. On the Regional Analytics team we are focused on understanding opportunities for growth in the business and connecting the dots between long term strategic planning and highly practical near-term actions to deliver results and build toward a preferred future state.
This team partners closely with Regional Strategy & Operations teams to guide measurement and tactical decision-making using advanced analytics as we expand the Wolt platform across the globe.
About the Role
As the leader of the Regional Analytics team, your role involves building a team of superstars who work on solving Regional Analytics challenges and also diving into our data yourself to solve crucial business problems. This is a rare, operational and actionable data-driven experience. When you join this team, you will be driving action from the frontlines, rather than just doing yet another analytics role.
The team is looking for a data-driven operational expert who knows how to move fast, work cross-functionally, and deliver business results. If you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, are excited to build from 0 to 1, and have experience using analytics to affect growth in key Wolt markets - we're looking for someone like you.
You're excited about this opportunity because you can…
- Passionately leverage your technical and analytical skill sets to tell the story about business performance and align executives around what matters and why
- Monitor a large number of business metrics to ensure we are tracking to targets, flag when we are at risk of missing plan and understand the root causes of changes
- Develop and implement the required data, tooling and processes for how we manage business performance on an ongoing basis and continue to get 1% better everyday
- Lead key business reviews and present in key meetings with our executive team and founders
- Possess excellent stakeholder management skills, know how to effectively collaborate well with strategy, operations, product, finance and engineering
- Work backwards from understanding and sizing problems to ideating solutions
- Be excited to travel to meet with business partners and the teams in each market
- Build and/or manage a team of go-getters whose career aspirations you get to shape
- Excited about hiring and building diverse teams across the globe & across cultures
📍This role can be based in one of our tech hubs in Helsinki, Berlin or Stockholm, or you can work remotely anywhere in Finland, Sweden, Germany, Denmark, and Estonia. Read more about our remote setup here. If you live outside of these countries - not to worry! We provide relocation support to help you make your way to Finland, Germany or Sweden.
- 5-7 years overall, with 2-3 years of leadership experience in data analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- Ability to get into ambiguous problems for “treasure-hunting” with data & find creative new ways to think about our business
- Determination to initiate and lead/own strategic projects to completion in a scrappy environment with a cross-functional team
- Innate curiosity to understand how things work and a first-principles approach to problem solving
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, preferably R and/or Python
- Expertise with SQL queries, Basic ETL, awareness of predictive analytics
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Hired and retained A+ talent players for your data science teams
- Ability to influence senior leadership to make critical decisions
- Clear and concise communication with strong cross-functional partnership experience
- Fluent English proficiency with knowledge of additional languages as a bonus
The position will be filled as soon as we find the right person, so make sure to apply as soon as you realize you really, really want to join us!
The compensation will be a negotiable combination of monthly pay and DoorDash RSUs. The latter makes it exceptionally easy to be excited about our company growing and doing well, as you’ll own a piece of the pie.
For any further questions about the position, you can turn to Product+ Talent Acquisition Partner - Zhanna Filintseva ([email protected]).