Wizeline is a global digital services company helping mid-size to Fortune 500 companies build, scale, and deliver high-quality digital products and services.
We thrive in solving our customer’s challenges through human-centered experiences, digital core modernization, and intelligence everywhere (AI/ML and data). We help them succeed in building digital capabilities that bring technology to the core of their business.
At Wizeline, we are a team of nearly 2,000 people spread across 25+ countries. We understand that great technology begins with outstanding talent and diversity of thought. Our business was built on doing well and doing good, and our values of Ownership, Innovation, Community, and Diversity & Inclusion are embedded within our company’s DNA. We are committed to offering our Wizeliners the opportunity to create their career path and develop the skills needed to achieve their personal goals.
We are proud to contribute to local economies by developing technology ecosystems in places like Mexico, Colombia, and Vietnam. We also created Wizeline Academy, a free, community-based education program that teaches high-value skills to workers looking to advance their tech industry careers. As of 2022, Academy has served more than 28,000 students across 675 courses. Wizeliners have the opportunity to upskill by taking Wizeline Academy courses and can also share their expertise by delivering classes to students.
What will you bring to the team?
The Intelligence Unit of the Business Operations team seeks a Data Scientist with strong analytical and communication skills to join our team. We develop algorithms that involve learning from core systems, such as HCM, ERP, ATS, CRM, internal products, and Staffing Systems, in order to generate and improve existing data models.
On a typical day, you will work closely with talented data analysts, data engineers, software engineers, and business groups. As a successful data scientist in our team, you are an analytical problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited about investigations and algorithms, can multi-task, and can credibly interface between technical teams and business stakeholders. You'll use your advanced knowledge of combinatorial optimization to develop robust media mix models, employ greedy heuristics for rapid ad placement solutions, and harness the power of time series analysis to forecast advertising trends and returns. Your analytical abilities, business understanding, and technical savvy will be used to identify specific and actionable opportunities to solve existing business problems, through collaboration with engineering and business teams. Your expertise in synthesizing and communicating insights and recommendations to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication will enable you to answer specific business questions and innovate for the future.
Major responsibilities include:
- Analyzing and translating business needs into long-term solution data models, utilizing code for analyzing data, and building statistical, optimization, and machine learning models and algorithms.
- Employing combinatorial optimization techniques for efficient media mix modeling and resource allocation.
- Evaluating implemented data systems for variances, discrepancies, and efficiency.
- Leveraging time series analysis for trend identification, seasonality adjustments, and ROI forecasting in advertising campaigns.
- Supporting decision-making by providing requirements to develop analytic capabilities, platforms, pipelines, and metrics then using them to analyze trends and find root causes of model inaccuracy.
Are You a Fit?
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of Operations Research, Greedy Heuristics, and Combinatorial Optimization techniques related to Integer Programming and Mixed Integer Programming, and the ability to prototype and solve related problems effectively.
- Experience with optimization libraries such as Gurobi, Pyomo, Pulp, or Cplex.
- Proficient in Python/Scala and SQL, demonstrating best practices for data coding to ensure consistency and readiness for production deployment.
- Demonstrated expertise in using commercial and open source solvers, time series analysis, and forecasting techniques.
- Statistics and Applied Math, Computer Science, Operations Research (OR).
- English Proficiency
- 4+ years of experience working in the Data Science field
- Data-focused applied mathematics (statistical analysis)
- Data analysis tools and libraries such as Python (NumPy / SciPy / scikit-learn / pandas / matplotlib).
- Knowledge of greedy heuristics and their applications in rapid decision-making scenarios within advertising.
- Proficient with Amazon SageMaker and Retrieval Augmented Generation.
- Familiarity with TV/Linear Advertising space, Ad Campaign Managers (Hulu, FB, Google, etc), Media Planning, Publishing/M&E data domain, measurement providers and alternative currencies (in linear and addressable (e.g. Nielsen, Commscore, iSpot, Samba, EDO, Wideorbit, Mediaocean etc).
- Experience in Media Mix Modeling (MMM) and Targeted Advertising.
- Ability to harness machine learning algorithms, particularly in targeting specific audiences, enhancing the impact of advertising campaigns.
- Prior experience working with Supply Chain, especially in translating optimization and scheduling algorithms into tangible actions for creating, distributing, and placing ads.
- Data Visualization: Display data to provide insights: and show patterns, trends, or correlations in a single plot. The ability to produce dynamic and interactive data visualizations is a plus.
Why You Should Apply
Still not convinced you should apply? Here are some of the things that make Wizeline different from other technology services companies:
At Wizeline, we value innovation, community, and ownership. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect fosters an environment where everyone does well and does good. We're proud to be recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation in response to our inclusive corporate policies and best practices for LGBTQ+ employees.
We offer exceptional career growth and learning opportunities to our employees with skill development workshops, mentoring programs, and support for side projects or entrepreneurial work. We ranked 7th on Expansión’s Super Companies 2021 list.
Our Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive compensation and employee-centric benefits, including industry-leading maternity and paternity leave, wellness programs, and remote work opportunities. All Wizeliners have access to continuous learning opportunities through Wizeline Academy, including cloud certifications, mentorship, LinkedIn Learning, Udemy, and in-house technical bootcamps developed by our experts in the field.
In recognition of our superb employee benefits, we debuted on Quartz’s list of the Best Companies for Remote Workers and ranked 5th on Expansión’s Super Workspaces 2021 list.
Our Global Family
To support the global nature of our business and help our employees grow beyond their technical skills, we offer free virtual English and Spanish language classes as well as provide immigration support when applicable. Prior to COVID-19, we had a robust Work Abroad program in place, which we plan to continue once it’s safe to do so.
Wizeline creates and fosters a diverse, inclusive, and harassment-free workplace where everyone can achieve their potential. All applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.