Machine Learning Engineer
Recently named one of Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies and AdAge’s A-List Awards Social Media/Influencer Agency of the Year, Whalar is a global creator commerce company that enables creators, brands, and the world’s leading social platforms to work better together to drive business growth for all.
We help brands stay culturally relevant through strategic creator relationships that deliver entertaining and must-see content at scale. We are differentiated by our unique capabilities, including comprehensive creator talent management, brand partnership expertise, proprietary technology, and a dedicated Web3 innovation practice. Our team includes over 300 diverse storytellers, creatives, data, and technology specialists across North America, Europe, APAC, and MENA.
We power the Creator Economy. We are Whalar.
This role is tied to our Malaga Office but can be remote and sit anywhere in Spain. We are also open to candidates who are EU citizens and want to relocate to Spain.
- Designing and developing machine learning models owning every step of the lifecycle from labeling, model development, training and validation to deployment at scale to a SaaS platform.
- Build tools and dashboards for monitoring, analyzing, visualizing and forecasting social media performance and campaigns using internal and 3rd party data sources.
- Work alongside Product, DevOps and Engineering on defining deliverables, choosing the best options given a constrained time frame and reporting regularly on progression to both technical and non-technical users.
- B.Sc. Degree or higher in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related disciplines.
- 4+ years experience in data science, machine learning, recommendation systems, or artificial intelligence in a professional technology, marketing or media environment
- Experience researching and using supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms such as classification, regression, clustering and rule-based models in the fields of NLP primarily, or computer vision.
- Experience working with data visualization or reporting tools such as Tableau, Looker, Shiny, or Dash
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An Ideal candidate has hands-on experience in machine learning model lifecycle management from labeling to model development, training, validation, and deployment, Is able to set requirements to DevOps & working alongside BE and Product on defining deliverables, choosing best options given a constrained time frame and report regularly on progression to both technical and non-technical users.
Would be a Plus if also:
- Experience with NER, fine-tuning LLMs, training RLHF, Chatbots, Video Understanding, and Recommendation Systems
- Experience using Kubeflow, LangChain, MLflow, Argilla, FastAPI, Flask
- Experience with Elastic Search, AWS, Relational DBs, querying datasets using Python, R and/or SQL, accessing and automating data pulls from internal and external API’s
- Passionate about creating or consuming content on major social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok and has experience working with 3rd party data sourced from social media platform API’s, Google Analytics, and audience tools.
Our people are our superpowers. At Whalar, diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility are at the core of who we are. We are deeply committed to reflecting on the unique journeys, authentic voices, and perspectives of our people, our creators, and the communities they represent. Our hope is to impact accessibility beyond compliance and help break societal stigmas and stereotypes. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for everything creator, we want to meet you, and we encourage you to apply.
Whalar is a remote-first working environment, allowing our employees to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves. Whalar is located across 18 states in the US and 6 countries including offices in London and Málaga, Spain. Whalar provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
- Company-wide yearly bonus
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days of PTO + Sick days + Winter break
- Monthly tele work allowance
- Professional development stipend
- Home office allowance
- English language classes
- Calm App subscription (Add up to 4 dependents)
- Fwrd personal development App subscription
- Volunteer Days
- Social Programs
- 4.5 day work week
Whalar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, training, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.