Senior Engineer, Data Analytics Engineering
Nov 18, 2023
At Western Digital, our vision is to power global innovation and push the boundaries of technology to make what you thought was once impossible, possible.
At our core, Western Digital is a company of problem solvers. People achieve extraordinary things given the right technology. For decades, we’ve been doing just that. Our technology helped people put a man on the moon.
We are a key partner to some of the largest and highest growth organizations in the world. From energizing the most competitive gaming platforms, to enabling systems to make cities safer and cars smarter and more connected, to powering the data centers behind many of the world’s biggest companies and public cloud, Western Digital is fueling a brighter, smarter future.
Binge-watch any shows, use social media or shop online lately? You’ll find Western Digital supporting the storage infrastructure behind many of these platforms. And, that flash memory card that captures and preserves your most precious moments? That’s us, too.
We offer an expansive portfolio of technologies, storage devices and platforms for business and consumers alike. Our data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital®, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Today’s exceptional challenges require your unique skills. It’s You & Western Digital. Together, we’re the next BIG thing in data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quality Data Analytics & Related Machine Learning Projects
- Improve overall Quality tasks/monitoring by apply Data Analytics & ML skill.
- Visualization automation development and maintenance for OCCQ
- Consolidate requirements
- Develop, automate, deploy, provide training, maintain and support visualization systems for OCCQ department
- Data ingestion onto Database, AMAZON REDSHIFT/ TERADATA etc.
- Support CFEs and Factory team on data analysis request on OCCQ Data
- Provide support to CFEs and factory quality data query and data analysis requests
- Support in the areas of running query, analyze data and provide recommendation base on the data analysis objective
- System support and maintenance
- Identify data integrity issues
- Work with owners of source systems to fix root cause of data integrity issues
- Maintaining OCCQ Data and System Team shared folder and website
- Maintain OCCQ server and shared folders
- Supplier Quality Reporting
- Generate regular and adhoc reports
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree, in Computer Science/Data Science/Information Technology/Applied Mathematics, Statistic or related field.
- Minimum 3 years working experience, preferably with statistic background and/or 1- 2 years working experience in data scient, data query/analysis and Machine Learning Projects.
- Must possess strong hands-on expertise in developing database and message-oriented applications.
- Data storage industry is beneficial – business environment and challenges, products, competitors, and suppliers.
- Quality Management System
- Responsible for data import, export, and transformation applications and processes
- Creates clear documentation of operating procedures, database object layout, work flow diagrams and specifications for developed databases.
- Experience in any ML projects related and a data warehousing such as TERADATA, HAWQ, HIVE, IMPALA and HBASE or high-volume manufacturing environment or experience on BI tool (Spotfire or Tableau or equivalent), data ingestion tool (Alteryx or equivalent), analytics tools (JMP and Minitab or equivalent) MYSQL, MSSQL, Python, SQL will be added advantage.
- Data storage industry is beneficial – business environment and challenges, products, competitors and suppliers.
- Flexible and adaptable, Service-minded
- Proactive, accountable and passionate about driving results
- Ability to troubleshoot and analyze complex problems.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Good interpersonal and communication skill.
Familiar with MYSQL, MSSQL, or other relational database design
Familiar with Python, SQL, ML, Data Analytics tools
Experience on BI tool (Spotfire or Tableau or equivalent), data ingestion tool (Alteryx or equivalent), analytics tools (JMP and Minitab or equivalent) will be added advantage.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [email protected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.