Senior Product Manager, Storefront Data Engineering
Nov 19, 2023
Candidates for this position are preferred to be based in Toronto, ON and will be expected to comply with their team's hybrid work schedule requirements.
Who We Are:
Wayfair Data Engineering is the engine that powers an eCommerce enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. Every day, our internal-facing data products ingest billions of rows of data about how people pick out the perfect items for their homes, and this data is what drives our business strategies and website development.
Working within the Data Engineering organization, this PM will tightly partner with Storefront leaders to understand their business goals in order to design, specify and build cutting-edge data products to enable optimization of our website and improve the overall customer experience. The PM should have a long history of successfully building and executing on engineering roadmaps, designing and launching products, and be fluent in modern data frameworks.
What You'll Do
- Create a product roadmap for a cross-functional group of development teams across all platforms. You will own your roadmap, measure performance, keep your pulse on the customer, anticipate bottlenecks, make tradeoffs, and take acceptable risks to maximize the benefit for our customers and business
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization, ensuring transparency across our roadmaps and surfacing opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality
- Manage the product backlog for a team of data engineers and other internal partners to envision, build and deliver impactful data products for Wayfair’s Storefront teams
- Autonomously establish and maintain collaborative, trusting relationships with stakeholders who are roughly their peers and manage expectations with stakeholders
- Partner closely with dedicated Engineering and Analytics teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
- Improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs by using quantitative and qualitative data
- Work with your product peers and leadership to contribute to improving our product craft and processes throughout the extended Data Engineering team
We Are a Match Because You Have:
- 5+ years experience in of product management experience for data engineering teams in an Agile development environment
- Strong technical background with a passion for breaking down challenging problems
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights (preference for working with Google Cloud Platform products such as Google BigQuery, Looker or similar products experiences from another platform)
- Proficient with SQL and writing complex but efficient queries
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level, as well as with cross-functional teams, especially ability to partner with engineering teams and explain technical terminology to non-technical audiences
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for technical/engineering backgrounds)
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
For more information about applying for a career at Wayfair, visit our FAQ page here.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at [email protected].