Director, Data Engineering and MLOps, Visa Predictive Models
Nov 15, 2023
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Risk and Identity Solutions (RaIS) team provides risk management services for banks, merchants, and other payment networks. By providing real-time insights to manage risk, machine learning and AI models are the heart of many of these services. Created by the Visa Predictive Models (VPM) team, continual improvement and efficient deployment of these models is essential for our future success. To support our rapidly growing suite of predictive models we are looking for data engineers who are passionate about managing large volumes of data, creating efficient processes and standardizing tools.
This position will be part of the VPM team and play a key role supporting the development of RaIS fraud prevention solutions. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a global engineering team focused on development of data assets, standardized tools, and essential data pipelines.
You will partner closely with global stakeholders in VPM Product, VPM Data Science, Visa Research and Visa technology teams to determine the team needs and strategic roadmap. You will then leverage your strategic planning and technical knowledge of data engineering, tools and data architecture in the design and creation of the solutions on our roadmap.
You must be a hands-on expert able to direct & navigate both data engineering and data science teams to build effective data engineering solutions. But you also must be adept at recruiting, leading and growing engineering teams.
The position is based at Visa's offices in Bangalore, India.
Recruit and develop team of talented engineers with the ability to not only keep up with, but also pioneer, in this space.
Create efficient and robust Spark pipelines to support the creation of data sets needed for reports, data marts and predictive modeling.
Build, execute and enable processes for feature engineering, data operations and deployment monitoring.
Build and maintain high performing ETL processes, to create and maintain feature stores to enable predictive modeling.
Assist with the creation and deployment of enterprise quality scoring code, where needed.
Develop processes to review deployment pipelines, build test cases, monitoring, alerting and relevant documentation.
Work with Data Science teams to develop efficient and configurable model refit pipelines in support of rapid model development and deployment.
Build relationships and collaboration with various Technology teams to leverage and provide feedback such that MLOps are furthered.
Define and build technical/data documentation and experience with code version control systems (e.g., git). Ensure data accuracy, integrity, and consistency.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• 12+ yrs. work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 10+ years of work experience with a Master's or Advanced Degree in an analytical field such as computer science, statistics, finance, economics or relevant area.
• Working knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem and associated technologies (e.g. HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, Spark, Kafka, MLlib, GraphX, iPython, sci-kit, Pandas etc.)
• 12+ years of relevant work experience with a Master's or Advanced Degree with specialization in Computer science, Information science, Statistics, Data Engineering and Analytics or relevant area.
• Strong & progressive experience working with Global teams & Fortune 500 companies leading large scale implementations of data warehouses and data engineering solutions.
• Hands-on experience working with large scale data ingestion, processing, and storage in the Hadoop ecosystem.
• Experience in managing teams that implement ETL pipelines in Spark, Python, Scala, HIVE or Kafka that process transaction and account level data.
• Experience with complex, high volume, multi-dimensional data, as well as machine learning models based on unstructured, structured, and streaming datasets.
• Experience working with scheduling tools (Airflow, Control-M) and building data processing orchestration workflows.
• Strong understanding of development and implementation aspects of ML/AI, especially on billion-scale datasets. Ability to take small-scale developed models as input and implement with requisite configuration and customization, while maintaining model performance.
• Demonstrated leadership ability to understand and leverage available technology while providing recommendations and insights into improvement opportunities.
• Deep understanding of MLOps processes, including building and integrating the code in the defined CI/CD framework.
• Experience creating/supporting production software/systems and a proven track record of identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks for production systems.
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills needed to effectively communicate technical insights and recommendations with business customers and leadership team.
• Experience working with technology and business teams on Data Governance, Data Quality and Data Architecture initiatives.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.