Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Commercial Money Movement Solutions charter is to capture new sources of money movement through card and non-card flows, including Visa Business Solutions, Government Solutions and Visa Direct which presents an enormous growth opportunity. Our team brings payment solutions and associated services to clients around the globe. Our global clients and partners deploy our solutions to serve the needs of Small Businesses, Middle Market Clients, Large Corporate Clients, Multi Nationals and Governments.
The Visa Business Solutions (VBS) and Visa Government Solutions (VGS) team is a world-class technology organization experiencing tremendous, double-digit growth as we expand products into new payment flows and continue to grow our core card solutions. This is an incredibly exciting team to join as we expand globally.
This position is for a Director Data Engineering with solid Data System development experience, who will contribute to both strategic and tactic planning and execution to continuously advance commercial platform's vision and mission
You will be an integral part of the leadership team, setting up technical roadmap, introducing best practices, latest technology to the team and driving delivery and engineering excellence.
Primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Provide leadership and oversight to a team of data engineers
- Collaborate with product and development teams to drive the technical roadmap and guide development and implementation of new data driven business solutions
- Work closely with architects and senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Drive technical standard and best practices, and continuously improve commercial data platform engineering & scalability.
- Bring in the best architecture and build highly available and scalable applications
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices, and development methodologies
- Contribute to development of product innovation
- Hire top engineering talent, provide mentoring, coaching and guidance to your staff to nurture and grow talent.
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
• BS or MS in computer science or related field
• 14+ years of System Development Experience, with 6+ years managing teams
• Strong application development technical experience in Java/J2EE, Microservices, Big data Hadoop ecosystems, open systems
• Full Stack Development experience is a big plus
• Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available production software
• Extensive technical experience with developing application using Big Data Technologies. Experience building applications using Spark with Java or Scala is a must
• Experience Stream Computing / building real time products
• Experience with messaging systems including Kafka
• Analytical, ML experience in converting data to insights
• Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a plus
• Dynamic leader who has directly managed team of highly competent developers in fast paced work environment
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of end-to-end software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear & concise way, to different audiences. A team player with good work ethics
• A background in the payment domain is a plus.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.