Data Science Director - Client Facing Projects Lead, Central Eastern Europe
Sep 14, 2023
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What's it all about?
The Data Science Director, Client Facing Projects Lead for Central Eastern Europe will be based in Warsaw and responsible for managing and leading data science external projects delivered mainly together with Visa Consulting & Analytics team for our external partners. In this role, you will work closely with multiple Visa functions and clients to understand their needs and develop data-driven solutions.
What we expect, day to day:
Lead and manage data science projects for external partners in Central Eastern Europe.
Work closely with clients to understand their needs and develop data-driven solutions.
Develop and implement advanced analytical models to solve complex business problems.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement and refine data science solutions.
Present data-driven insights and recommendations to clients and internal stakeholders.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and advancements in data science.
Ensure the quality and accuracy of data science outputs.
Mentor and guide data scientists and analysts.
Manage resources and project timelines to ensure timely and successful project delivery.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
What we're after...
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Proven experience in a leadership role in data science or analytics
- Strong experience with data science tools and programming languages such as Python, R, or SQL
- Experience with payments data is highly desirable
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills
- Ability to translate complex data-driven insights into understandable and actionable recommendations
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Fluency in English and local languages in Central Eastern Europe
- Willingness to travel to meet with clients and stakeholders in Central Eastern Europe
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.