Version 1 is a Technology Services company, delivering impactful change to help our customers navigate the rapidly changing digital-first world. We have recently hired our 3000th employee, doubling in size since 2020. We plan to triple in size in the next 5 years. We are 12 years a Best Workplace in Ireland (GPTW 1st place), 5 in the UK (GPTW 5th place) and 1 in India (GPTW 1st place).
We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver. We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big, and we hire great people.
We believe in continuously improving to make a real difference to the careers and work environment of our people. Being a Great Place to Work involves listening to our people and ensuring they are Trusted and Empowered. We are an open and transparent workplace. We have open-door management and balanced policies. Constructive feedback is encouraged and welcomed at all levels.
- No 1 Best place to work in Ireland #GPTW2023 !!
- 5th Best Large Workplace in the UK #GPTW2023!!
- No 1 Best place to work in India #GPTW2023 !!
- 10th place in Glassdoor Top 50 UK companies
- UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle, Microsoft & AWS partner
- Market leader in Oracle ERP and Cloud Applications
- Consulting, implementation and support services
- 3000 strong,€255m/ £220m revenue business
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
As part of our developing Business Systems function, we have a new opportunity for an experienced BI Developer to join our team dedicated to supporting out Commercial (Sales) function. This role is focused on supporting the function transition to a full data-driven, digitally enabled organization unit, where the provision, consumption, interpretation and analysis of internal and external data drive all aspects of our current and future operational management activities. As a key provider of quality data and insights to our sales operations, sales enablement, and sales performance organizational units, this role is pivotal in enabling our sales to function to drive the ambitious growth of our business over the coming years.
Career development opportunities abound, working across functions and geographies, across industry sectors and customers. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer of large-scale data solutions. In a permanent position, you will join a team delivering a new generation of business applications to support the aggressive growth plans of our business. The role is highly varied and agile and will evolve over time as the Commercial Operations function matures. It will enable you both to build deeper and wider technical competence and gain broad experience across commercial & sales operations. It will provide you with the opportunity and potential to develop into a key Version 1 technical leader as our business grows.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in implementing large-scale business intelligence solutions. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementation. In addition, this individual will be instrumental in driving our automation & machine learning agenda.
Your main responsibilities will be:
· Designing and implementing business intelligence technical solutions.
· Data modelling and data architecture design and implementation.
· Analysis of requirements and production of specifications and reports.
· Documentation of solution (e.g. data models, configurations, and setup, etc.).
· Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology.
· Engaging with the commercial function to identify POC’s and new insights to bring value to the business.
· Engaging with the commercial function to drive high-value opportunities to effect increased automation and leverage of machine learning enabling increased success levels of sales personnel and the function
· Ability to engage and communicate effectively within a high-performance team.
You will ideally have at least 7 years to 10 years of experience in building solutions using modern business intelligence tools and reporting technologies:
· Excellent BI and Analytics professional experience across a range of technologies including Microsoft PowerBI, Python and SQL development, with deep experience in building complex PowerBI dashboards.
· Hands on experience with business intelligence tools, data modelling, data staging, and data extraction processes.
· Experience in the application of machine learning tools and techniques to solve real business problems.
· Experience and demonstrated competencies with multi-dimensional design, star schemas, facts and dimensions.
· Expertise in logical and physical data warehouse database design and performance optimisation.
· Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services will be an advantage.
· Experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 365 desirable.
· Strong BI presentation layer or usability design capability an advantage.
· Business intelligence and analytics certification an advantage.
… and you can provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we’d love to speak with you.
- Employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and CallOut which are awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events!
- Great Place to Work award winners - United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Spain and India
- Private healthcare cover
- Life Assurance
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme
- Pathways career development quarterly process