Data Engineer, Global Revenue Informatics
Nov 19, 2023
San Mateo, CA United States
Who We Are
Verkada is the largest cloud-based B2B physical security platform company in the world. Only Verkada offers six product lines — video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms, workplace and intercoms — integrated with a single cloud-based software platform.
Designed with simplicity and scalability in mind, Verkada gives organizations the real-time insight to know what could impact the safety and comfort of people throughout their physical environment, while empowering them to take immediate action to minimize security risks, workplace frustrations and costly inefficiencies.
Founded in 2016 with more than $460M in funding raised to date, Verkada has expanded rapidly with 15 offices across three continents, 1,600+ full-time employees and 20,000+ customers across 70+ countries.
Data Engineer, Sales Strategy and Operations
You will be joining the Sales Strategy and Operations team as a high impact contributor, gaining exposure to a wide variety of challenges, processes, and data that makes the engine of this Sales organization hum. As a Data Engineer on the team, you will play an integral role in leveraging our data and infrastructure to help our global sales team run better, faster, and smarter.
- Data is the foundation of our go-to-market strategy. It supports all parts of our sales motion, including:
- Developing customer profiles to identify & target high value buyers
- Identifying & facilitating key growth opportunities, e.g., entering markets in previously untapped geographies
- Segmenting our sales team and defining sales representative patches
- Populating and maintaining an accurate universe of buyers
We recognize the importance of data to our scalability and success, and we aim to make it a core competency of our business.
What You’ll Do
- Improve data quality: constantly iterate on ways to improve the quality of our data, including but not limited to:
- Building automated tools to monitor, validate, and scrub our existing data
- Ensuring consistency across systems
- Suppressing and/or mitigating duplicate records
- Evaluating and acquiring new data worldwide
- Mapping complex real world organizational structures such as conglomerates and multinational corporations in our systems
- Build scalable infrastructure: build reliable, efficient, and scalable infrastructure for data storage, as well as optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of sources and systems
- Improve and automate processes: identify, design and implement internal process improvements - automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical discipline from a top school
- 3+ years of professional experience, ideally in very analytical or technical roles
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building and optimizing “big data” data pipelines, architectures, and data sets
- Experience with Python, AWS (EC2, RDS, etc.), Google Cloud, etc.; working knowledge of Salesforce and Looker is a plus
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Estimated Annual Pay Range
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.