Wood Mackenzie are the global research, analytics, and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry. For 50 years, we have been providing the quality data, analytics, and insights our customers rely on to inspire their decision making.
Our dedicated oil, gas & LNG, power & renewables, chemicals, metals & mining sector teams are located around the world and deliver a variety of projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies, and economic indicators such as market supply, demand, and price trends.
We have over 1,900 employees in 30 locations, serving customers in nearly 80 countries. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence to help our customers overcome the toughest challenges, and make strategic decisions that will, ultimately, accelerate the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.
The ambition of the Data Analytics group is to drive new commercial insight and analysis from data. In order successfully achieve this, the team will require a fundamental understanding of data pipeline and subject domain expertise. This will include the definition of core data models, the ability to perform large and complex queries across datasets and produce sophisticated visualisations. The group will drive the data quality agenda through prioritisation, measurements and coordinated improvements throughout the data lifecycle.
- To work along Location leads on implementing data quality initiatives, ensure data consistency and integrity and support new product rollout
- To continuously expand their product and domain knowledge to establish themselves as a SME for the region
- To be expert users of the relevant datastores and applications, and have the responsibility of coordinating sourcing, maintenance, quality and control of data for respective regions
- To work with Data Management to train, mentor, implement best practices and ensure their work is completed accurately
- To ensure that client queries are addressed in a timely manner, analyse trends in client’s escalations and implement solutions on the back of it
- To support roll out of new product features and functionalities with testing and documentation
- To lead and help deliver the highest priority projects and initiatives to improve data quality or processes.
- To ensure best practices for their region are applied in maintaining databases, tools, models and processes solutions from data sourcing to customer delivery
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to fulfil complex data requests on time and with high quality
- Provide specialist skills in data analysis and derive insights in quality of data, demonstrate initiative and good understanding of database structure for their regions
- To actively participate in quarterly data OKRs planning and that relevant JIRA items are kept up to date at all times
- To train and support junior colleagues in completing tasks and actively participate in Data Management sprint planning
- To assure that all new and current processes and product features are documented
- Build good working relationships with Research, data colleagues and Product
- Together with Location Leads collaborate with Data Engineers to prioritise improvements to data ingestion and efficiency of processes
- Work in an agile, collaborative manner to foster an environment of continuous improvement and incremental delivery
- Assist with any data sourcing, input and data quality resolution to ensure that the best data goes out into our products #LI-NT1
- Good understanding of WM Upstream product suite
- Strong regional or content domain expertise – demonstrated in current role
- Knowledge of applying technology solutions to solve business problems, including web scraping
- Intermediate skills in SQL and knowledge of databases such as NoSQL or SQL Server
- Advanced skills in a data visualisation package (such as Spotfire, PowerBI, Tableau, GIS)
- Experience in leading data projects autonomously being proficient at requirements gathering, documentation and stakeholder management
- Full proficiency with MS Office – Excel (including Power Query)
- Strong communication skills, including mentoring more junior colleagues
- Problem solving and excellent attention to detail and ability to work on large datasets accurately
- Strong organization and planning skills and the ability to manage own workload and that of others within sometimes tight timescales
- Commitment to excellence and meeting high quality standards expected by our customers
- Proactively encourages an inclusive working environment and demonstrate this on a daily basis
Wood Mackenzie Values
- Inclusive – we succeed together
- Trusting – we choose to trust each other
- Customer committed – we put customers at the heart of our decisions
- Future Focused – we accelerate change
- Curious – we turn knowledge into action