We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.
Purpose of the role
- Perform data queries and analysis for Product Analysts, Product Management, Sales, Finance, and Marketing to support increasing the efficiency of Verisk processes, enhancing Verisk’s current products, and developing new products.
- Contribute to the development of the Verisk Analytic Community
Primary Goals to Be Assured
- Conduct analysis of product data to identify value-generating trends and insights (value needles in the data haystacks). Developing systems and tools for effective data management, visualization, and interpretation (systems design, dashboards, information graphics, mapping).
- Create ad-hoc reports and database queries to support customer data analytics objectives.
- Share important methodologies, advances, and best practices from your work among the whole analytics community.
The development and timely delivery of analytic solutions that meet specified technical requirements.
- Work in various reporting environments to create data solutions.
- Develop reporting solutions using BI Tools like Spotfire, Tableau, and Power-BI.
- Perform Data analysis and profiling using BI tools.
- Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot data reporting solutions.
- Create and Deploy reporting solutions
- Work with Senior Data Analysts to design queries and visualizations of data.
- Ensure that solutions meet specified technical requirements.
- Ensure that the solution is delivered in a timely manner.
The sharing of important methodologies, advances, and best practices from your work among the whole analytic community
- Share important methodologies, advances, and best practices from your work among the whole analytic community via these forums
- Measurable contribution to products and processes in terms of new products developed, enhanced products, direct revenue supported, cost savings, etc
- Positive feedback on the support received from business partners
- Positive feedback from team members and leaders of the Verisk analytic community
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field with 2 years of relevant experience, or Master’s in a quantitative field
- Strong programming, visualization, and analytical skills,
- Good knowledge in one or more like MS Excel, Spotfire, Tableau, R, Python, MS Report builder, or SQL.
- Ability to solve problems analytically and creatively
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills
- Strong knowledge of SQL or NoSQL (e.g., Hadoop, HBase, MongoDB, and/or Neo4j) databases
In 2022, Verisk received Great Place to Work® Certification for our outstanding workplace culture for the sixth year in a row and second-time certification in the UK, Spain, and India. We’re also one of the 38 companies on the UK’s Best Workplaces™ list and one of 18 companies on Spain’s Best Workplaces™ list.
For over fifty years and through innovation, interpretation, and professional insight, Verisk has replaced uncertainty with precision to unlock opportunities that deliver significant and demonstrable impact. From our historic roots in risk assessment, we’ve grown to provide analytic insights that help transform industries focused on some of the world’s most critical areas. Today, the insurance industry relies on Verisk to be, and to make the world, more productive, resilient, and sustainable.
Verisk works in collaboration with our customers and at the intersection of people, data, and advanced technologies. Through proprietary platformed analytics, advanced modeling, and interpretation, we deliver immediate and sustained value to our customers and through them, to the individuals and societies they serve, with greater speed, precision, and scale.
We’re 9,000 people strong, committed to translating big data into big ideas. We help others see new possibilities and empower certainty into big decisions that impact individuals and societies. And we relentlessly and ethically pursue innovation to help move our customers, and the world, toward better tomorrows.
Everyone at Verisk—from our chief executive officer to our newest employee—is guided by The Verisk Way, to Be Remarkable, Add Value, and Innovate.
• Be Remarkable by doing something better each day in service to our customers and each other
• Add Value by delivering immediate and sustained results that drive positive outcomes
• Innovate by redefining what’s possible, embracing challenges, and pushing boundaries
Underwriting Solutions — provides underwriting and rating solutions for auto and property, general liability, and excess and surplus to assess and price risk with speed and precision
Claims Solutions — supports end-to-end claims handling with analytic and automation tools that streamline workflow, improve claims management, and support better customer experiences
Property Estimating Solutions — offers property estimation software and tools for professionals in estimating all phases of building and repair to make day-to-day workflows the most efficient
Extreme Event Solutions — provides risk modeling solutions to help individuals, businesses, and society become more resilient to extreme events.
Specialty Business Solutions — provides an integrated suite of software for full end-to-end management of insurance and reinsurance business, helping companies manage their businesses through efficiency, flexibility, and data governance
Marketing Solutions — delivers data and insights to improve the reach, timing, relevance, and compliance of every consumer engagement
Life Insurance Solutions – offers end-to-end, data insight-driven core capabilities for carriers, distribution, and direct customers across the entire policy lifecycle of life and annuities for both individual and group.
Verisk Maplecroft — provides intelligence on sustainability, resilience, and ESG, helping people, business, and societies become stronger
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the 7th consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
HR CCPA Privacy Notice.pdf