Who We Are
Verily is a subsidiary of Alphabet that is using a data-driven approach to change the way people manage their health and the way healthcare is delivered. Launched from Google X in 2015, our purpose is to bring the promise of precision health to everyone, every day. We are focused on generating and activating data from a variety of sources, including clinical, social, behavioral and the real world, to arrive at the best solutions for a person based on a comprehensive view of the evidence. Our unique expertise and capabilities in technology, data science and healthcare enable the entire healthcare ecosystem to drive better health outcomes.
As a Data Scientist at Verily, you will apply your skills to perform complex analyses of large, diverse and complex data sets. In this position, you will bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting and measuring clinical outcomes and improving health care. To do this, you will deliver key analyses to inform product direction and build reusable analysis tools, working closely with software engineers, product managers and clinicians to deliver analytical models in user-facing products. These efforts combine structured and unstructured EHR data, claims data, traditional clinical and lab-based tests as well as sensor and behavioral data in an effort to change the way health is understood and treated.
- Work with large,complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, handling data challenges from a real-world setting.
- Develop quality control and pre-processing tools for a broad range of digital and clinical data types.
- Iterate on, engineer key features and build new statistical and machine learning models relating measured features to clinical endpoints.
- Communicate highly technical results and methods clearly, as well as, interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, computer science, applied mathematics, or similar) or equivalent practical experience with 5 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience working with Python.
- Experience with exploratory and statistical data analysis (such as linear models, multivariate analysis, predictive modeling and stochastic models).
- Experience extracting and cleaning data sets.
- Experience with the analysis of observational clinical data.
- Familiarity with medical terminologies and ontologies.
- Familiarity with software engineering practices and experience developing production software.
- Demonstrated willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
Why Join Us
Build What’s Vital.
At Verily, you are a part of something bigger. We are a diverse team of builders innovating at the intersection of health and technology—united by a shared spirit of curiosity, resilience and determination to make better health possible for all. This builder mindset means your fingerprints will be on the work that shapes the future of health.
Fulfilling our precision health purpose starts with the health of our Veeps, which is why we offer flexibility, resources, and competitive benefits to support you in your whole-person well being.
Our culture reflects the behaviors that stem from living our values every day in how we Innovate Healthcare and Technology, Gain Velocity as One Verily, and Respect Individuals. As One Verily, we uphold our collective accountability to sustain this culture and to create a VIBE (Verily’s Culture of Inclusion, Belonging, and Equitability) where all Veeps feel included, a sense of belonging, and have opportunities to grow.
If this sounds exciting to you, we would love to hear from you.