Vattenfall is one of Europe’s largest producers and retailers of electricity and heat. Our main markets are Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, and the UK. The Vattenfall Group has approximately 20,000 employees. We have been electrifying industries, powering homes and transforming life through innovation for more than 100 years. We now want to make fossil free living possible within one generation and we are driving the transition to a sustainable energy system.
Would you like to make a difference and work together with us on our big target to get fossil free within one generation?
The Department Database Operations belongs to Vattenfall IT and is responsible for delivery / operation of all the majority of Vattenfall's database solutions. We are currently seeking new Database administrators (DBA), to our department. If you like a challenges, are not afraid ”to go the extra mile” and work in a very dynamic environment within an international organization?
Your main duties as a DBA:
As Database Administrator your responsibility is to deliver database services and it’s supportive services in accordance with agreed service levels. In essence, our services are based on SQL Server and Oracle including associated complementary services such as HA, DW, replication, and security features. Recently we in addition also included PostGreSQL as an OpenSource alternative and third official platform.
In the role of a DBA, it means that you are involved in both the development of solutions, implementation and operation of the database services during its life cycle (LCM), the emphasis is on service operations
Your responsibilities will be:
- Project and design work for new and existing database solutions.
- Installations, upgrades, documentation, testing, commissioning and configurations
- 2nd-line support and maintenance (on-call occurs)
- Actively participate in problem and root cause analysis (incident / problem management)
- Actively participate in project work, and when needed take action and pursue internal development activities both in our line org as well as in projects.
- Pro-actively work with monitoring / statistics and analyzes of the performance / availability in the supplied database solutions, reports for the customer, management, technicians or equivalent
- Investigative work (both internally and externally in the form of projects)
- Work is conducted in both Agile and DevOps form as well as through our Vattenfall project model (VPMM)
Gliwice, Katowice, Berlin, Hamburg or Cottbus
Who are you?
As our Database Administrator you bring a strong analyzing ability, an open mindset and you take resonibility for your own tasks. You are solution oriented and have the ability to describe the needs (Business and IT) in a structured way. You are service-oriented, calm, attentive and accommodating in your approach. You have interest, willingness and the ability to help others and make efforts to deliver solutions, “Customer centric/first”.
Next to this you bring:
- Several years of experience with database operations, primarily SQL Server and Oracle, along with the recently added an Open Source databases solution (PostGreSQL)
- Merit is knowledge of additional features such as security, HA and monitoring / data analysis
- Broad knowledge and experience of the surrounding technical infrastructure (server, storage, network) and security is necessary.
- Basic knowledge and experience of the OS administration (Microsoft and Linux / Unix)
- Knowledge of working with ITIL both theoretically and practically is of great importance.
- Experience in leading / participating in the incident, change, problem and configuration management
- Experience of participation / project work, a merit is also some project management skills.
- Fluent in English is a must, both spoken and written (Swedish, German or Dutch is meritorious)
Good remuneration, a challenging and international work environment, and the possibility to work with some of the best in the field. You will be working in interdisciplinary teams and you can always count on support from committed colleagues. We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional development. We also provide a mobile working strategy to support you to be flexible as much as you can and fulfill a good work life balance.
Vattenfall IT builds 24/7 solutions based on customer needs and implements planned service weekends and in this role you therefore will need to work sometimes weekends and out of normal business hours.
We welcome your application in English, no later than 30th of November. We kindly request that you do not send applications by any means other than via our website as we cannot guarantee that we will be able to process applications that are not made via our website.
For additional specific technical information about this vacancy announcement please contact Robert Lif + 46 72 2246891 ([email protected]). For further information regarding the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Marius Gläßge +49 30 81822004 or via mail [email protected].
At Vattenfall we are convinced that diversity contributes to build a more profitable and attractive company and we strive to be good role model regarding diversity. Vattenfall works actively for all employees to have the same opportunities and rights regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, transgender identity or expression, religion or other belief, disability or sexual orientation.
Trade union representatives in Sweden Silvija Vatkovic (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO). To get in contact with the representatives, please call Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00.
The security of Vattenfall and its employees is essential. For that reason, a pre-employment screening will be part of your recruitment process. The screening is based on the role you will fulfill within Vattenfall. The screening will be performed by a third party, Validata.
We look forward to receiving your application!