Vattenfall is a European energy company with approximately 20 000 employees. For more than 100 years we have electrified industries, supplied energy to people’s homes and modernized our way of living through innovation and cooperation. We now want to make fossil-free living possible within one generation. To be able to reach this ambitious goal we are looking for talented individuals who, in addition to their passion for their own role, also have strong team spirit and want to contribute to supporting a meaningful corporate mission.
Vattenfall IT department
Vattenfall IT is a function with more than 1000 employees to provide reliable IT services to the different Business Areas in Vattenfall. IT consists of a wide range of core IT processes for all businesses Vattenfall works with, Agile Product Development, Strategy and Governance, Project and Transformation competence and Portfolio management with teams mainly in Sweden, Germany, Netherlands and Poland. Vattenfall IT manages the complete IT portfolio of the company and maintains high IT Service standards. We transform existing business towards new digital challenges and continuously develop towards a future proof IT landscape for Vattenfall.
Power Climate Smarter living - that’s our purpose and together we will contribute to a fossil free future. As a BI developer within Vattenfall IT you will have a unique position to contribute to our purpose. All we ask of you is to use your Superpowers and share your energy to help us achieve our goal! In a world where digital and analytical technologies are advancing at a rapid pace, changing the way we communicate and altering consumer behavior, we need a BI developer that is passionate about data. As a BI developer you will work in cross-functional agile DevOps team and have an important role in capturing the potential of data and analytics that can empower Vattenfall.
Your responsibilities as BI developer
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into effective Power BI solutions.
- Design and develop Power BI reports and dashboards that provide valuable insights to drive business decisions.
- Create data models, calculations, and DAX measures to enhance data visualization and analysis.
- Maintain and optimize existing Power BI reports and datasets to ensure accuracy and performance.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving issues related to data visualization and reporting.
- Collaborate with other team members on data integration and visualization projects.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Power BI features and best practices to continually improve our BI solutions.
- You have a hands-on mentality to solve complex issues
- You are skilled in understanding the customer demands and can support them in building professional dashboards and can also be their speaking partner when it comes to Power BI
- Comfortable to provide training in PowerBI and support end-users for self-service reporting
- Learning new tools and software development skills is your second nature
- You have an Agile mindset and SCRUM way of working
- You feel personally committed to the goal setting and delivery of the team
- Last but not least you are not afraid to drink a cup of coffee with a product owner
- At least a Bachelor’s within Computer Science or related field and you have at least 3 years’ experience as a PowerBi developer
- Proven experience in developing interactive reports and dashboards using Power BI.
- Strong understanding of data modeling concepts and proficiency in DAX.
- Proficiency in SQL for data extraction and transformation.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- English is a must, Swedish is a plus.
Location: Vattenfall’s Head Office in Solna, Stockholm
What do we offer?
A challenging and independent job in an informal, dynamic working environment. You can play a part in shaping the future of a company where the only constant is change. Besides being a challenging and inspiring place to work, we value a great work atmosphere! Everyone is really committed and we want to be the best in what we do. We offer good remuneration, attractive employment conditions and opportunities for personal and professional growth. You get the opportunity to create your own career within the company. At Vattenfall, we are convinced that striving for diversity helps building a more profitable efficient and attractive company. Therefore we seek a harmonious balance of employees in terms of gender, age, and ethnic and cultural backgrounds. We believe in work life balance and the flexibility to work from home.
For more information about the position you are welcome to contact hiring manager Maria Berglund [email protected]. For more information about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact recruiter Valentijn Berkien, [email protected]
Trade Union representatives in Sweden via Vattenfall´s switchboard +46 8 739 50 00 Silvija Vatkovic (Akademikerna), Inger Strandberg (Unionen), Christer Gustafsson (Ledarna), Lennart Bengtsson (SEKO).
We welcome your application including CV and cover through the portal, last day to apply 13th October 2023. Selection and interviews are held after last application date. We do not accept applications through email.
Since Vattenfall is part of the Swedish critical infrastructure many of our positions are security classed. If this position is security classed the final candidates can be subject to a security vetting process, according to the Swedish legislation.