Are you passionate about learning about business processes and solving real-world challenges by pushing the limits of GenAI and other AI/ML techniques, from practical implementation using in-house tools as well as vendor capabilities to performing groundbreaking research as needed? Do you excel in translating complex technical concepts into understandable language? Are you always up-to-date with the latest developments in academia and industry? If so, we want you on our team.
As a Data Scientist at Vanguard, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our AIML initiatives aligned to our Corporate Services Divisions (i.e. IT, GR&S). You will need to blend your exceptional technical expertise with hands-on practical experience in advancing AIML capabilities for building scalable and value driven AIML solutions to improve corporate function's operational efficiency and reduce risks . Moreover, your ability to communicate effectively and collaborate across cross-functional teams and external partners will be crucial to success in this role.
- Lead AIML (including GenAI) solutions development, prioritizing areas for exploration and improvement, and reviewing in-development models for quality as they are being trained.
- Prioritize AI features, models, and controls, engaging with product leaders and serving as AIML subject matter expert to drive tangible business outcomes
- Design and manage the model quality process, including both automated pipelines and manual review.
- Evaluate new technologies including vendor solutions to drive best practices in incorporating third-party technologies in a responsible manner
- Industry and Academic Awareness: Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in around AI and associated technologies in both academia and industry, integrating relevant advancements into our GenAI strategy.
- Business partner alignment: Work closely with business partners, external partners, and other cross functional teams to align on GenAI requirements and show sense of urgency in delivering insights.
- Technical Implementation: Translate research findings into practical solutions, exploring novel techniques, algorithms, and approaches that can be applied to real-world challenges. developing and optimizing GenAI models and systems for real-world applications.
- Effective Communication: Communicate complex technical concepts clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, fostering a culture of knowledge sharing and learning.
MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or a related field
3+ years of NLP implementation experience in the industry including experience building, scaling, and optimizing training and inferencing APIs for deep neural networks
5+ years of coding experience in languages such as Python, PySpark,
Strong exposure to open source/commercial LLM’s through technologies such as Hugging Face, OpenAI, etc..
Strong communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
A deep understanding of the GenAI landscape, including recent advancements and emerging trends including the responsible use of GenAI models
Experience working in cross-functional teams and a track record of balancing technical decisions with business objectives.
Client facing/consulting experience
Experience in IT
Contributions to AI/ML community through publications, open source contributions, articles, etc..
Vanguard is offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.