Data Scientist (Zurich, Switzerland)
Nov 19, 2023
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Who We Are
Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics consulting and services company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, financial services, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organizations in Europe to solve the challenges that directly affect their business - be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D. Since our foundation, we have successfully delivered more than 150 projects and have grown to 100+ talented individuals across 5 office locations.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” causes.
Unit8 is looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in one of our three offices (Lausanne and Zurich in Switzerland, as well as Krakow in Poland). You will partner closely with our engineers and other data scientists to deliver data-driven applications and solutions. We are looking for a self-driven individual, who is eager to use data science and computational techniques to address real-world challenges.
What You'll do
- Apply your data science skills (machine learning, data analytics, optimization) to various concrete business problems.
- Work with our customers to understand their challenges, design and implement solutions.
- Evaluate, compare and present results to technical and non-technical audience.
- Contribute to the implementation and engineering of systems at different scales: from small proof-of-concepts to larger end-to-end data systems.
- Closely collaborate with other data scientists, software engineers and business stakeholders.
- Use software best practices in continuous integration and delivery, versioning and data evolution.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who You are
- At least MSc level in the field of Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in statistical modelling and machine learning techniques and applying those to real-world business problems.
- Programming experience in one of the following languages: Python, R, Scala, Java.
- Experience with cloud technologies is a strong plus
- Pragmatic attitude; not afraid in taking an active part in the engineering aspects of projects.
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields.
- You understand the value of teamwork.
- Ability to travel 20% within Switzerland required. Varies by team and location.
What we offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on their business.
- Exposure to a wide variety of projects, industries, and technologies. Each client is different
- Ability to contribute to internal open-source projects like Darts (https://github.com/unit8co/darts) or building our own MLOps platform.
- Tailor-made mentorship programme.
- Learning activities such as ML and Engineering Knowledge Sharing Groups.
- 10% of paid time for self-development.
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere.
- Work with an international team made of more than 15 nationalities.
- Cross offices/company-wide frequent events (off-site or on-line).
- Fun Fund to spend with the team on after-work activities.
- Compensation package including base salary and profit sharing based on the performance of the company
- 30 paid days off.
- Extended parental leave conditions.