About the role
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, thoughtful, and relentless executor who is passionate about applied data analytics and machine learning (ML). We build products that abstract complex semantics of data, so that our users can make use of the power of analytics and ML with minimal cognitive overhead. This requires careful thought, high creativity, and a deep understanding of data analytics and ML at scale.
What you will be doing:
- Identify ML techniques into Unit 21 products
- Take Ownership of the development lifecycle of features and modeling
- Design Data acquisition strategies across customers with different schemas
- Implement Data Collection Pipelines
- Solve various ML and Programming puzzles
- Gain insights and features from manipulating large data sets
- Automate model training and inference across many models and customers
- Build out ML models from raw data to fully featured products
What we’re looking for:
- BS, MS or Ph.D in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or related field is required
- 3+ years of experience in developing machine learning systems/applications
- Fluency in the Python (non-Jupyter) machine learning life cycle designing, developing, deploying and maintaining models in production
- Strong SQL skills. Strong analytical, feature engineering and data modeling skills. Advanced understanding of data pipelines and ETL processes
- A strong grasp of traditional machine learning algorithms, both unsupervised and supervised
- Experience in deep learning frameworks like PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously, including scoping technical tasks and effectively communicating progress toward milestones
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, automated deployments, code reviews, testing methods
- Experience working with AWS
- Experience working with Apache Spark and Data Bricks
Unit21 is an equal opportunity employer, we encourage all to apply, even if you do not meet each requirement above. We are building a diverse, inclusive workforce and hope you will join us!
What we can offer you:
Competitive salary and pre-IPO stock options
100% company-paid medical, dental and vision insurance (for employee)
Optional HSA and FSA medical reimbursement accounts
Unlimited paid time off
Generous leave programs for life events
Annual Learning & Development stipend
One-time Home office set-up stipend
Happy hours and team-building events
Great office space in the San Francisco Financial District
Fully stocked kitchen
Lunch and dinner provided in SF office at least 3x per week
A great company culture with a strong emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion
Unit21 stops bad actors by leveraging data to deliver justice and safety in the world. We protect businesses against adversaries engaging in money laundering, fraud, and other sophisticated risks by offering no-code infrastructure to model, detect, and remediate suspicious activity. Our customers range from large Fortune 500 companies to high-potential, pre-launch startups. We have reported over USD $2 billion in fraud and laundered money to the US government using our software.
We are a rapidly growing Series C startup, having raised close to $100m from Google, Tiger Global, ICONIQ Capital, Jack Dorsey, Diane Greene, and other leading VCs. Our team believes deeply in fostering individual ownership, iterative product development, and empathetic communication. There are many challenging problems to solve in this industry, and a huge opportunity for our software to empower companies to define a new standard of eliminating bad behavior on their platforms.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Unit21 is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
*Remote work limited to the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York. North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington.*