Sr. Master Data Management Specialist
Nov 04, 2023
USA - South San Francisco, CA
The Sr Master Data Mgmt. Specialist is responsible for design and optimization of end to end SAP core Master Data Governance process at Twist. Including configure, design, build, test and
deploy an SAP Master Data Governance solution and ensure it works seamlessly.
What You’ll Be Doing
● Establish and lead the master data governance processes for Twist Operations to
ensure a high quality of data throughout all systems where master data is used. Creates,
reviews, and updates department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Performs
audits on master data to ensure quality and implements corrective actions to resolve
● Creates, maintains, and makes obsolete all SAP S4 Hana Master Data objects, including
Material Numbers, Bills of Material, includes the scope of all products purchased, made,
and sold by Twist’s Bioscience.
● Single point of contact for master data-related projects within the global, technology,
commercial, IT, and or product supply organization. Supports new product launch
readiness through parameter definition, master data setup, and management. Serves as
Subject Matter Expert on audits and project teams.
● Designs new procedures for the use of Master Data and increasing the functionality of
multiple SAP modules, e.g., Materials Management, Production Planning, and Quality
● Supports Global Supply Chain in acquisition and maintenance of Master Data; invents
● Establish and coordinate the Data Governance for Twist Operations in strategizing data
governance programs, prioritizing data projects, and enabling high-level data quality.
● Identify and maintain data ownership at the system, business function, or process level
as well at an attribute level (RACI model)
● Establish and enforce policies, standards, and procedures for master data function.
● Identify, create, maintain, and enforce business rules around the various key master
data and objects, including but not limited to, Material Numbers, Bills of Material,
includes the scope of all products purchased, made, and sold by Twist’s Bioscience.
● Data Analysis: Reviewing and analyzing master data to identify any discrepancies,
errors, or inconsistencies. Data Cleansing: Ensuring that data is cleaned and standardized to meet Twist’s data quality standards. Data Maintenance: Regularly updating and maintaining master data records to reflect
changes accurately Data Governance: Implementing and adhering to data governance policies and
procedures to ensure data integrity.
● Regularly partner with product management, regulatory, finance on appropriate attribute
work flows and entry points
● Supports new product launch readiness through parameter definition, define data
attribute requirements for new and existing software interfaces that may impact the
master data attributes
● Ensure compliance and security of the data. Assist with audit requests and process
● Follow SOX, regulatory and ISO 13485 guidelines.
What You'll Bring to the Team
● Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or technical field, preferably supply chain management,
computer science, or related field.
● Advanced technical knowledge of SAP Master Data specifically: - in at least three (3) of
the Production, Materials Management, Quality, Finance and Accounting, Warehousing,
or Plant Maintenance SAP modules. - concerning configuration options for master data
objects. Transactional data in the SAP S4 HANA system.
● Understanding of master data management and system integration among multiple
computerized business platforms and master data entities.
● Understanding of production processes, project management, Supply Chain and
Warehouse Management, Validation, and Quality Systems.
● Prior experience supporting other peripheral systems/tools preferred; Salesforce, MES,
The base cash compensation for this California-based role is below. In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for bonus, equity, and a generous benefits package. Final compensation amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate skill, experience, expertise, and location and may vary from the amount listed above. Compensation may be different in other locations.
San Francisco Bay Area Pay Range