Business Intelligence Analyst, Marketing (Mexico Remote)
Sep 15, 2023
Mexico City, Mexico
Turnitin is your partner in education with integrity. Turnitin’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalized feedback. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
- Flexibility in working hours required
- Experience in Marketing Analytics needed
- Design cleansing experience essential
As a member of the Revenue Operations team, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for analyzing marketing metrics and contributing to developing lead management processes.
In this role, the Business Intelligence Analyst will help various teams understand their reporting needs, the underlying data, and how to transform that information into actionable insights through dashboards. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the instructions for the dashboards are clear and documented and then implementing them using Tableau or other analytics tools like Google Analytics.
To succeed in this role, the Business Intelligence Analyst should be able to analyze and report on the performance of marketing campaigns and initiatives. They should have a strong understanding of lead sources and their respective conversion rates and experience in developing and implementing lead management processes that optimize the lead-to-opportunity conversion process and ensure data accuracy and completeness. Additionally, the Business Intelligence Analyst should be well-versed in key performance indicators for marketing and sales and should be able to develop and track these metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and lead management processes.
- Business Intelligence Analyst work with large volumes of data to ensure the dataset is analysis-ready through various data cleansing. Identify which data and metrics are relevant to the goals of the company.
- The ideal candidate will assist in the transition of the Marketing Automation data set, track, analyze, and report on the performance of our marketing campaigns and initiatives, and provide insights and recommendations to field marketers.
- Work closely with Business Systems and Sales Operations to improve and optimize lead management processes from lead-to-opportunity conversion in Salesforce.
- Support rollout and maintenance of marketing analytics platforms, validating information flows correctly and ensuring integration connectors are working properly.
- Partner with business intelligence, field marketing, and other teams to establish data sources that serve marketing needs - identifying and advocating for process improvements and industry best practices.
- Help define business processes that support data integrity and reporting.
- Manage questions and issues from current reporting users.
Key Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years experience in a business/data analyst, business intelligence position from SaaS or Education Technology sector.
- Experience in marketing analytics and a strong understanding of Marketing Automation platforms like HubSpot, Marketo, or Pardot.
- Proficient with SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, AWS, or Snowflake, with a growth mindset to continue learning technology tools.
- Experience preparing and presenting reports, forecasts, trends, and recommendations to the team and senior management.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Good presentation skills, both written and oral. Excellent English communication skills.
- Self-starter with a passion for solving complex problems and independently identifying trends and actionable insights.
- High attention to detail and solid data & root cause analysis.
- Customer service orientation and strong collaboration skills.
- University degree preferred
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Turnitin LLC and all related Group and Subsidiary Companies are committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to it programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Accountability- Holds oneself responsible for required actions, and ensures that team members/colleagues/ peers also own responsibility for their designated tasks while meeting collective team and company goals. All in service of creating a high performing environment
- Collaboration & Influencing- Effectively communicates and cooperates with peers, partners, leaders & customers to achieve outcomes. Builds relationships and creates an environment wherein people can naturally work together for the good of the company and our customers.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfil 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status, domestic partner status, AIDS or HIV status, height, weight, or association with members of a protected class.