Business Intelligence Analyst, Marketing (Colombia Remote)
Sep 16, 2023
Turnitin is your partner in education with integrity. Turnitin’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalized feedback. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
- Flexibility in working hours required
- Experience in Marketing Analytics needed
- Design cleansing experience essential
As a member of the Revenue Operations team, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for analyzing marketing metrics and contributing to developing lead management processes.
In this role, the Business Intelligence Analyst will help various teams understand their reporting needs, the underlying data, and how to transform that information into actionable insights through dashboards. The candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the instructions for the dashboards are clear and documented and then implementing them using Tableau or other analytics tools like Google Analytics.
To succeed in this role, the Business Intelligence Analyst should be able to analyze and report on the performance of marketing campaigns and initiatives. They should have a strong understanding of lead sources and their respective conversion rates and experience in developing and implementing lead management processes that optimize the lead-to-opportunity conversion process and ensure data accuracy and completeness. Additionally, the Business Intelligence Analyst should be well-versed in key performance indicators for marketing and sales and should be able to develop and track these metrics to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and lead management processes.
- Business Intelligence Analyst work with large volumes of data to ensure the dataset is analysis-ready through various data cleansing. Identify which data and metrics are relevant to the goals of the company.
- The ideal candidate will assist in the transition of the Marketing Automation data set, track, analyze, and report on the performance of our marketing campaigns and initiatives, and provide insights and recommendations to field marketers.
- Work closely with Business Systems and Sales Operations to improve and optimize lead management processes from lead-to-opportunity conversion in Salesforce.
- Support rollout and maintenance of marketing analytics platforms, validating information flows correctly and ensuring integration connectors are working properly.
- Partner with business intelligence, field marketing, and other teams to establish data sources that serve marketing needs - identifying and advocating for process improvements and industry best practices.
- Help define business processes that support data integrity and reporting.
- Manage questions and issues from current reporting users.
Key Skills and Experience
- 2-4 years experience in a business/data analyst, business intelligence position from SaaS or Education Technology sector.
- Experience in marketing analytics and a strong understanding of Marketing Automation platforms like HubSpot, Marketo, or Pardot.
- Proficient with SQL, Tableau, Alteryx, AWS, or Snowflake, with a growth mindset to continue learning technology tools.
- Experience preparing and presenting reports, forecasts, trends, and recommendations to the team and senior management.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Good presentation skills, both written and oral. Excellent English communication skills.
- Self-starter with a passion for solving complex problems and independently identifying trends and actionable insights.
- High attention to detail and solid data & root cause analysis.
- Customer service orientation and strong collaboration skills.
- University degree preferred
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily — solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This is what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation - whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces, or hybrid.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Remote First Culture
- Health Care Coverage*
- Tuition Reimbursement*
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 4 Self-Care Days per year
- National Holidays*
- 2 Founder Days + Juneteenth Observed
- Paid Volunteer Time*
- Charitable contribution match*
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement/Home Office Equipment*
- Access to Modern Health (mental health platform)
- Parental Leave*
- Retirement Plan with match/contribution*
* varies by country
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.