We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, hands-on data scientist who has the ability to bootstrap a world-class data analysis and machine learning practice at TrustEngine. This person will work with our engineering and product teams to build the data infrastructure and data analyses we will use to produce insights and predictive machine learning that powers the industry's only Borrower Intelligence Platform.
The ideal candidate would design and implement ad hoc and automated analysis pipelines, design and deliver appropriate data summaries to a broad range of stakeholders including C-level executives inside and outside the company. This role should bring a data-first mindset to the broader organization, consistently being a “do-er” getting their hands dirty. This individual will distill unique insights that add value to stakeholders
As the company and discipline scale, this role will eventually become the leader of a growing data science team - attracting data science talent to the organization through contributions of culture to the company and thought leadership to the broader data science community.
We work fast and agile, so flexibility and incrementality is a key mindset for this role. Move fast, be imperfect, but be honest about the imperfection as we get better. The ultimate objective is to help borrowers understand how to achieve their own financial freedom, choosing the best borrowing options for them, while giving lenders the information on how to offer the best value to borrowers. Giving data-first education and advice to both sides of the lending relationship is our goal.
- Create an enterprise-grade data analysis pipeline suitable for production-level insights and machine learning applications, as well as data science research
- Create production insights to power customer advice and evolve our capabilities to produce predictive decisions
- Evaluate new data sources to be used to improve insights and predictions
- Define requirements for product and engineering to build out insights-focused feature sets in the product
- Transform raw data into digestible insights used for decision making, research and communication
- Present complex analyses as short, compelling, and easy to understand stories to share with the broader company and external customers, inspiring confidence and positioning TrustEngine as a valuable partner
- Teach data science / statistical data analysis concepts to the broader team
- A degree in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative discipline
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical work to a non-technical audience
- A strong passion for and extensive experience in conducting empirical research and answering hard questions with data
- Self-directed, able to align with business priorities and define pathways to success - both pragmatically and aspirationally
- An attitude that focuses on global success of the team, company and collaborators inside and outside immediate org
- Experience with large-scale data analytics tools and platforms such as Apache Hive and Snowflake
- Experience with relational databases, proficient at SQL
- Experience in Pandas, R, SAS or other tools appropriate for large scale data preparation and analysis
- Experience with data mining, machine learning, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization’s hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Our benefits include but are not limited to the following: 100% company paid medical; company matching 401(k), paid maternity and paternity leave, unlimited FTO package, ongoing professional development and certification opportunities, competitive salary, special employee discounts and health and wellness perks.