Senior Data Engineer (Python) - Global Shipping Logistics (ID: 1609)
Sep 11, 2023
Remote, anywhere in LATAM
Truelogic is a leading provider of nearshore staff augmentation services, located in New York. Our team of 500 tech talents is driving digital disruption from Latin America to the top projects in U.S. companies. Truelogic has been helping companies of all sizes to achieve their digital transformation goals.
Would you like to make innovation happen? Have you ever dreamed of building Products that impact millions of users? Nice! Then we have a seat for you on our team!
What are you going to do?
You will have the opportunity to work in a forward-thinking and growth-oriented environment, at a massive industry that we all rely on but don’t think about much because it’s been done the same way for decades without much change or innovation. Well-funded Series A startup, developing a brand-new concept that will transform and enable an industry plagued with inefficiency, volatility, and $23B of economic waste annually. The Client team is passionate about collaborating with the world’s leading ocean carriers, shippers and forwarders to bring technology and innovation to this industry that we love, and we hope that you’ll be part of building this new digital foundation that will have lasting effects for years to come.
Occupy a unique position in the market. As a Data Engineer , you will be responsible for capturing data and transforming it into high performance datasets to be exploited by Data Analysts,
Data Scientists and Engineers. You will also be responsible for supporting the development, architecture, enhancement, and ongoing maintenance of our Data Lakehouse in a cloud environment.
You will develop a deep understanding of the client's data architecture, the frameworks to process the data, and maintain quality data that powers the applications on our technology platform.
- Work closely with the Data Team Lead and Product Manager to deliver engineering solutions for our user requirements
- Help support the architecture, development timeline, and maintenance of the cloud-based data Lakehouse
- Build data pipelines, architecting a new data storage as necessary, and maintaining ETL processes in a cloud environment
- Implement a robust system architecture that takes into consideration how changes will affect the testability, maintainability, and scalability of the system
- Optimize our data process, balancing maintaining optimal performance and continuous improvements to our existing data processes
- Consistently work to identify and mitigate security concerns, refactor old code judiciously, and follow development best practices
- Automate testing and continuous integration in delivering bug-free, fully test- covered code in short time frames
- Collaborate with various teams across the business (Operations, Product, etc.) to drive solutions that have a serious impact on our systems and our business overall
What will help you succeed
- 4+ years of experience designing, building, maintaining data pipeline technologies (ETL/ELT)
- 4+ years of experience with database models, design, DDLs and DMLs
- 2+ years of experience in Data Warehouse/Data Lake Architecture and Development
- 1+ years experience with workflow orchestration services like AWS Step Function, AWS SQS, AWS Lambda
- Prior experience in a startup and/or comfort owning decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience on Cloud Solutions (preferably AWS)
- Experience building and supporting end-to-end integrations, across various methods (API/EDI/SFTP/Flat Files)
- Proficiency in the following areas with the respective tools: Python, ETL: Airflow, AWS Glue, AWS Data Pipeline; Databases: PostgreSQL; Infrastructure: Linux, AWS, Docker