Machine Learning, Data Science Senior Software Engineering - LMTS
Nov 10, 2023
India - Hyderabad
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good– you’ve come to the right place.
So, you are considered a domain expert in all things big-data technologies; You design and build pipelines, services, APIs and systems that process data at scale leveraging lambda principles; You understand, at the fundamental level, the balance and trade offs between different data models and algorithms, and are able to use the most suitable models and technologies for different query and storage requirements. You build advanced data systems that are performant, reliable and easy to maintain.We are dying to talk to you! We are looking for people who can build analytic and machine learning systems at large scale; Who can build fast changing web apps, big data infrastructures, real time APIs and manage a lot of traffic; Who are not only keeping up with the latest, coolest technology but also understand what it takes to keep production system running and continuously evolving; Who obsess with clean and elegant solutions but do not over engineer; Who love to stand on the shoulders of giants to solve new problems and thrive in a rapidly innovating space. You will not only work with the latest and the coolest big data technologies such as Apache Spark and Hadoop, distributed databases like AWS Redshift, DynamoDB, and Cassandra to implement most sophisticated machine learning algorithms, but also have one of the largest AWS deployment at your disposal to solve challenging big data problems that drive revenue for some of the biggest companies in the world.Your Role
- 10+ years of industry experience designing, developing and shipping high quality scalable software or services for Senior Engineers (LMTS)
- Design and build data processing, data mining and machine learning systems that run at scale.
- Build fast changing web apps, big data infrastructures, and real time APIs managing a high traffic.
- Provide thought leadership in technologies and system architecture and drive innovation.
- Lead by example, mentor and provide technical guidance to junior members of the team.
- Contribute to Open Source solutions and communities we use wherever you can.
- Work with product manager to help shape data science products and offerings and offer technical inputs.
Your skills and qualities
- Understand the fundamentals of computer science including programming principles, design patterns, databases fundamentals, and distributed systems.
- Understanding of how to build machine learning systems and the data science life cycle
- Obsess with clean and elegant solutions but do not over engineer.
- Ability to multi-task, and can quickly switch context and be able to work on multiple projects.
- Make things work and get things done.
- Like working and being part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Familiar with many programming languages preferably Scala, Java or Python.
- Expert in “big data” technologies such as Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, etc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.