Data Engineer at Transferz
Transferz operates a global marketplace for ground transportation, dedicated to travellers, travel brands, and transfer companies. Travellers can complete their travel plans with door-to-door transfers by selecting the transfer they want, based on vehicle type and price, and enjoy peace of mind on the first and last mile of their journeys. With coverage in 150+ countries, 800+ airports and more than 1.500 transfer companies in the network, Transferz is truly global. We have the ambition to become the market leader in ground transportation worldwide.
Transferz is seeking a talented Data Engineer to join our Product/IT department. As an Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in creating a scalable data warehousing structure.
In this role, you will work closely with our product/IT teams to streamline the data warehousing, develop data models, and help business analysts with creating visualizations that provide insights into KPIs and product performance.
Our ideal candidate has a strong analytical background and is fluent in SQL. Knowledge of python is an advantage. In addition, We’re looking for someone that has experience with querying and modelling relational databases, as well as Google BigQuery or other Cloud-based data warehouses. To help us further up our data game, strong data visualisation skills are also required for this role.
- Analyze large datasets to identify trends, patterns, and insights
- Develop and maintain data models and databases
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards to track key performance indicators
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their data requirements
- Provide data-driven recommendations to improve product performance
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in analytics
We can offer you:
- a place where you can be yourself and grow your skills; we personalize your learning trajectory based on your desired outcome!
- a great working atmosphere with driven and ambitious peers;
- all the tools you’ll need to excel; both hardware and software;
- a vibrant new office in Amsterdam with a global impact on ground transportation
- an entrepreneurial environment where the sky is the limit!
We believe it’s the people that make the business and we are looking for like-minded individuals to join us in creating an open, transparent, motivating, inspiring, and fun working environment. We have a typical scale-up culture, growing fast, hard-working, and have huge ambitions. But no worries, work hard = play hard!
With truly global coverage, Transferz is a multilingual and multinational company and believes in fostering diversity. We are headquartered in Amsterdam with an additional office in Cordoba (Argentina), and presence in Bangkok.
Want to join the ride? Apply now and get onboard!
- You have around 2+ years of work experience in a similar role
- You have excellent SQL skills (GoogleBigQuery / PostgreSQL are a pre)
- You have data visualisation skills
- You have experience with dashboard tools (Looker or similar BI tools) and relational database modeling
- You have strong analytical and good problem-solving skills
- You have empathy, curiosity, and a data mindset for understanding and addressing complex issues
- You have affinity with statistics and hence understanding when analysis or models are significant (CI, distributions and distance measures)