Senior Data Scientist (Optimization) Canada
Nov 06, 2023
Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Remote
Tiger Analytics is looking for experienced Data Scientists to join our fast-growing advanced analytics consulting firm. Our employees bring deep expertise in Data Science, Machine Learning, and AI. We are the trusted analytics partner for multiple Fortune 500 companies, enabling them to generate business value from data. Our business value and leadership have been recognized by various market research firms, including Forrester and Gartner. We are looking for top-notch talent as we continue to build the best global analytics consulting team in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist with robust optimization experience (in particular, integer programming, mixed integer programming), and strong coding capabilities, preferably from supply chain domains. This person will be responsible for writing complex production-level codes.
- Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address objectives to business partners.
- Advocate and educate on the value of data-driven decision-making; focus on the “how and why” of solutions.
- Lead analytic approaches; integrate solutions collaboratively into applications and tools with data engineers, business leads, analysts, and developers.
- Create repeatable, interpretable, dynamic, and scalable models seamlessly incorporated into analytic data products.
- Collaborate, coach, and learn with a growing team of experienced Data Scientists.
- Stay connected with external sources of ideas through conferences and community engagements.
- Support demands from regulators, investor relations, etc., to develop innovative solutions to meet objectives utilizing cutting-edge techniques and tools.
- Ph.D. (highly preferred) or Master’s in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, or a related field.
- At least 10+ years of extensive Data Science experience with robust Optimization experience, and robust hands-on Python.
- Robust Optimization experience in Mixed Integer Programming.
- Strong statistics foundation and knowledge of statistical packages. Highly proficient with Python, and SQL, CPLEX, Gurobi coding skills. This person will be responsible for writing complex production-level codes.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for significant career development in a fast-growing and challenging entrepreneurial environment with a high degree of individual responsibility.