Machine Learning Engineer - Fraud Detection (LATM / EMEA - Remote)
Nov 13, 2023
Argentina; Brazil; LATM; Ireland; United Kingdom; Spain; Italy; Poland; Czech Republic; Bulgaria; Netherlands; Slovakia; Hungary
Telnyx is an industry leader that's not just imagining the future of global connectivity—we're building it. From architecting and amplifying the reach of a private, global, multi-cloud IP network, to bringing hyperlocal edge technology right to your fingertips through intuitive APIs, we're shaping a new era of seamless interconnection between people, devices, and applications.
We're driven by a desire to transform and modernize what's antiquated, automate the manual, and solve real-world problems through innovative connectivity solutions. As a testament to our success, we're proud to stand as a financially stable and profitable company. Our robust profitability allows us not only to invest in pioneering technologies but also to foster an environment of continuous learning and growth for our team.
Our collective vision is a world where borderless connectivity fuels limitless innovation. By joining us, you can be part of laying the foundations for this interconnected future. We're currently seeking passionate individuals who are excited about the opportunity to contribute to an industry-shaping company while growing their own skills and careers.
As a Machine Learning Engineer - Fraud Detection, you will play a crucial role in the development and deployment of our Fraud Detection systems. Your primary responsibility will be to research, test, and deploy fraud detection models and create a bullet proof system that are capable of keeping up with ever changing fraudulent activities. Logistic Regression, Naive Bayes, and modern LLMs are the tools you'll be using to build and improve the Fraud Detection System.
- Leverage advanced knowledge of fraud detection algorithms, including but not limited to logistic regression, Naive Bayes, and LLM, to design and implement effective models
- Gather and preprocess text data from various sources to build a comprehensive dataset.
- Implement effective data cleaning and transformation processes to ensure high-quality input for model development.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in fraud detection and machine learning to continually enhance our systems.
- Develop, implement, and optimize machine learning models for fraud detection in messaging data.
- Rigorously test and evaluate model performance using appropriate metrics, iterating as needed for continuous improvement.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including product managers, software engineers, and data scientists, to integrate machine learning solutions seamlessly into our messaging product.
- A degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a related field
- Experience with Fraud Detection algorithms, approaches, and model tuning
- Strong proficiency in Python software development.
- General experience with AI tools and technologies, especially in developing Fraud Detection System.
- Familiarity with open source AI libraries and frameworks.
- Solid understanding of machine learning concepts and techniques.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with programming in Elixir, C/C++ or Go are a plus.
Bring Your Authentic Self to Telnyx
Telnyx is committed to building a team full of diverse perspectives, various backgrounds and different minds. We believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to building a culture where difference is valued and creating avenues of equity for underserved groups. While we are still a work in progress, we are actively seeking folks who are passionate about building a place of belonging for everyone.
We're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. We believe in transparency, proactivity, and mutual respect. We provide the high-grade tools that help you do your best work, and keep up the collaborative habits that help everyone stay in the loop. No matter where you're based or which team you’re on, you’re plugged in, supported, and helping to shape the future of communications.
You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives, rigorous thinkers and assumption challengers. Are you ready to join us?