Tegus is the leading market intelligence platform for key decision makers. We power some of the world’s most well-respected institutional investors, corporations, and consultancies through the largest and most comprehensive database of primary and market information. Our products and services enable clients to discover unmatched insights and answers to the most challenging questions they face to help them make better informed decisions. (And because a job description can only contain a fraction of how we operate, click here to learn more about the Tech Team at Tegus!)
Tegus has grown rapidly over the last 24 months: we’ve acquired 3 different companies, grown from a single product to managing several product lines and grown to over 650+ employees. With this growth has come significant challenges delivering trustworthy, accurate and useful data to stakeholders across the company: our systems have become fragmented, we suffer from duplicative tooling, and we lack a clear vision for how to turn data into a strength.
As the head of data at Tegus, your job will be to solve these challenges. You will work with senior management and department leaders to understand the company's data and reporting needs, then design and implement an overarching strategy for making sure every team at Tegus has the data they need to perform at the highest level. Departments at Tegus are highly data driven and there is significant demand for a unified approach to internal analytics.
While analytics has a significant technical component, we are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with experience in business operations or other roles that hinged on driving consensus and effective decision making across different functions and departments.
- Develop and implement a strategy for building a best-in-class data program at Tegus.
- Work closely with senior management, department leaders and other stakeholders; deeply understand Tegus’s product, processes and business needs.
- Consolidate and rationalize Tegus’s disparate data tooling.
- Oversee data governance, definition management and quality control.
- Define instrumentation standards for product analytics.
- Hire and lead a team of analysts and data engineers in developing Tegus’s data tooling. The data team is currently 4 individuals and expected to grow over the next year.
- 7+ years of experience in general analytics, BI, business operations or other roles that have a significant data component (e.g. revenue operations, product management).
- 4+ years hiring and managing data analystsExperience and confidence working with stakeholders across a wide variety of roles, including senior management.
- Experience defining and managing data governance and access across a large organization is preferred.
- Broad experience in data is preferred: product analytics, business operations, marketing and sales operations experience are all pluses.
- Understanding of global data privacy regulations and experience matching data privacy requirements with business needs. This role is not solely responsible for data privacy, but will work closely with our Data Protection Officer and data privacy specialists.
- Experience with financial services is a plus but not required, and specific finance training is not required. While finance will be a stakeholder for this role, this role is not responsible for Financial Planning and Analysis.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
- 401K plan with an employer match.
- Paid parental leave for all parents.
- All employees are granted equity through our Restricted Stock Units (RSU) Program.
- Unlimited paid vacation, flexible work hours, and 10 observed paid holidays per year.
- Employer funded long-term disability.
- Fantastic culture with regular virtual company-wide events, including cooking classes, yoga, meditation and more.
- Generous employee referral bonus program.
- The opportunity to attend peer-nominated quarterly DEI events.
- Working for a thriving, performance-based company that values promoting from within, career advancement and transparency.
- Work from our state of the art office in the heart of Chicago’s Loop featuring standing desks, nursing parent rooms, gender neutral bathrooms, subsidized gym access, and full amenity floor.
- Commuter benefits & a fully stocked kitchen with rotating snacks and beverages.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Tegus we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tegus is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
Tegus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Tegus complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Tegus expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
The only @email addresses we use are @tegus.co or @tegus.com. If you receive emails from any other domain (including .us), please assume they are fraudulent and let us know by sending an email to [email protected]