Syngenta Seeds is one of the world’s largest developers and producers of seed for farmers, commercial growers, retailers and small seed companies. Syngenta seeds improve the quality and yields of crops. High-quality seeds ensure better and more productive crops, which is why farmers invest in them. Advanced seeds help mitigate risks such as disease and drought and allow farmers to grow food using less land, less water and fewer inputs.
Syngenta Seeds brings farmers more vigorous, stronger, resistant plants, including innovative hybrid varieties and biotech crops that can thrive even in challenging growing conditions.
Syngenta Seeds is headquartered in the United States.
Location: Montevideo, Uruguay
Make the difference:
You will be part of Data team and will support Seeds Vegetables Business.
Through the values Passion for customers, Long View & How matters you will live and experience more of us
Here is how this role will be critical to our business:
At Syngenta, we believe every employee has a role to play in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. We invite you to help us shape the future of agriculture through discovering and applying new and novel technologies to real world problems. We are looking for curious, determined, and high performing individuals who will push hard for breakthroughs that help the company. You will be a key team member collaborating with stakeholders, business leaders, data engineers, and other data analysts in the relentless pursuit of delivering advanced analytics, insights, and data science.
You will contribute by:
- Establishing trust and building relationships with business leaders and end users.
- Designing UI components and visualizations to meet the needs of the request while adhering to group standards.
- Designing, developing, and testing data model and ETL components.
- Performing Data analysis for purposes of creating new information delivery solutions.
- Performing troubleshooting and bug correction for dashboard, reports, and data issues. Collaborating with other functional areas to create solutions or fix issues.
- Anticipating needs and developing solutions that answer the business question presented.
- Delivering prioritized demand within a rapidly evolving environment.
- Acting as advocate for Data & Analytics benefits across the organization and promoting adoption of data-insight driven decisions.
At Syngenta Group we are highly people focused – we look for professionals who are engaged, collaborative and excellent in execution. Leaders are expected to communicate effectively, develop teams and lead by example. Our industry and our function are changing rapidly so we are looking for new team members with a strong desire to develop themselves.
Essential for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, math, management information systems or equivalent education or experience.
- 2 – 5+ years hands-on advanced analytics/visualization development experience in Qlik (preferred) and Power BI
- 2 – 5+ years of experience with Python, SQL, or other transformation tools for data analysis, preparation, and modeling; including experience with large and unstructured data sets.
- 2 – 5+ years’ experience working directly with business users to understand, define, and document project requirements
- Excellent organization skills with the capacity to prioritize work and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to translate technical concepts and business information into various forms of documentation for diverse audience types (non-technical business teams, technical teams, system administrators, and integrators).
- Ability to leverage sound business judgment to translate complex business issues/needs into technical requirements and specifications.
- Ability to build good relationships and work cross-functionally.
- Competency with Agile, Scrum, DevOps and associated tools including JIRA and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication in English
- Ability to tell a story with data and drive data literacy.
- Ability to anticipate business needs to propose innovative solutions.
- Experience with data science tools (ex. SageMaker)
- Understanding of Agriculture industry, specifically Vegetable Seed value chain and dynamics
- Understanding of key business drivers for profitable growth
Be part of the Syngenta Group Experience
• Competitive salary and attractive benefits
• Dynamic and international environment
• Modern office environment and collaboration tools
• Forward thinking policies (e.g. remote working, career breaks)
• Support personal development in a diverse and inclusive environment
Beyond just believing in the power of diversity, Syngenta Group promotes an inclusive culture that includes differences in all its forms. We believe that the feeling of belonging allows people to become their best version, building an increasingly welcoming and productive environment.
All qualified candidates will be considered for our positions, without distinction of race, gender, age, nationality or disability.
Syngenta and its affiliated companies will never request any remuneration for participating in the processes that we publish on our career site, or on social networks or job boards with which Syngenta has an agreement.
Be part of a leading company that brings plant potential to life