About the Global Analytics Team in Finance Tribe:
SumUp is hiring a Senior Data Engineer to strengthen their Global Analytics Team. The team plays a vital role in empowering all other tribes to make data-driven decisions globally. The team is responsible for creating efficient and effective data products for business and providing an analytics framework and process to all SumUppers to maximize the value of data across the organization.
The team is part of the Finance Tribe, responsible for developing and executing new strategies and look after company health and profitability, as well as identifying and pursuing new business opportunities. This role is crucial for scaling and advancing business analytics capabilities.
About the role & what you’ll do:
- Design, build, and maintain scalable data products to support business analytics need
- Work closely with analytics engineer, data analysts, and other stakeholders to understand their data needs and provide solutions to support their work
- Develop and maintain ELT processes to ensure data quality and consistency
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate data from various sources and systems
- Encourage and promote the use of dbt and software engineering practices among Data Analysts, to ensure data quality, scalability, and maintainability of data models and pipelines
- Develop and maintain data documentation, metadata, and data dictionaries
- Continuously monitor and optimize data warehouse to ensure high performance and scalability
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in data engineering and analytics
Stack: Terraform, dbt core, Airflow, Snowflake, Tableau
You’ll be great for this role if
- You have 5+ years of experience in data engineering, with a strong focus on analytics
- You have knowledge of dbt, SQL, Airflow, Git, CI/CD, Kafka, Terraform and AWS.
- You have experience with designing, building, and managing complex data models using knowledge of data warehouse principles (ideally Snowflake) with an eye towards performance and maintainability
- You are able to analyze business requirements in various functional areas and translate them into data product
- You have a strong communication and collaboration skills
- You have development experience in Python
- You have ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with data mesh architecture
- Experience in fintech and transactional data models.
- Experience with 3rd party tools (e.g Salesforce CRM, Marketing Cloud, Ads platforms, SAP)
Why you should join SumUp:
🌍 Our working setup offers the flexibility of both hybrid and on-site options in the vibrant cities of Berlin, Paris, and London. We want to ensure you have the best experience possible, so please let us know your preferred location, and we'll be delighted to accommodate your needs.
📚 A dedicated annual L&D budget for attending conferences and/or advancing your career through further education
🚀 Enrolment onto our VSOP program - you will own a stake in SumUp’s future success.
👩🏼💻 The opportunity to work on large scale fintech products used by millions of businesses around the world
💶 A corporate pension scheme where we match up to 20% of your contributions
🚵🏾♂️ Numerous other benefits such as Urban Sports Club subsidy, Kita placement assistance, relocation assistance, subsidised office lunches.
SumUp is a leading financial technology company, founded in 2012 with the goal of empowering small businesses around the globe. We’re the financial partner of choice for more than 4 million merchants in over 35 markets. We collectively build, plan and fine-tune the technology that drives SumUp and empowers small businesses around the world.
We believe in the everyday hero. Those who have the courage to follow their passion and who have the strength and determination to realise their dreams. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we're creating powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their business. With a founders mentality and a 'team-first attitude' our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by Company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
Job Application Tip
We recognise that candidates feel they need to meet 100% of the job criteria in order to apply for a job. Please note that this is only a guide. If you don’t tick every box, it’s ok too because it means you have room to learn and develop your career at SumUp.