StubHub is on a mission to redefine the live event experience on a global scale. Whether someone is looking to attend their first event or their hundredth, we’re here to delight them all the way from the moment they start looking for a ticket until they step through the gate. The same goes for our sellers. From fans selling a single ticket to the promoters of a worldwide stadium tour, we want StubHub to be the safest, most convenient way to offer a ticket to the millions of fans who browse our platform around the world.
We are seeking talented Software Engineer IIs to join StubHub’s Data Platform team. In this role you will be responsible for designing and building the underlying systems and pipelines for centralizing StubHub’s internal plus third-party data and making it easy for organizations across the company to transform the data for analysis and reporting, new product development, and machine learning applications. This includes developing the core infrastructure choices for the data lake and data warehouse, creating the foundational data model along with the corresponding data pipelines, and building shared tooling to ease the process of developing and operating high quality trustworthy data assets.
As a Software Engineer II on the Data Platform team, you will build out core infrastructure, frameworks, and data layer that enables broad access to high quality data assets across the company. You will also play a strong role in defining the culture and expectations of what a data engineer does. We are looking for the right person that is passionate about the power of high-quality trustworthy data, and that can bring principles from software development fundamentals to create a data ecosystem that is principled, maintainable, and extensible to the growing needs of the company over time.
We'd like to see:
- 3-5 years of relevant software or data engineering development experience in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Experience and proficiency with object oriented programming languages, such as C#, Java or Python
- Strong programming and analytical ability, and experience with designing and developing large scale efficient batch or streaming data processing
- Ability to analyze and reason about large datasets to deliver insights, identify quality issues
- Experience with SQL and transactional RDBMS systems
It would be a plus if you had experience with:
- Spark or similar batch processing systems
- Data pipeline management and orchestration tools such as Airflow or Conductor
- Cloud-based data warehousing solutions such as Snowflake, Big-Query and Redshift
- Streaming or event-driven workflows like Kafka and Flink
As a Data Engineer at StubHub, you’d be able to:
- Build and operate scalable data pipelines with robust Q/A, monitoring, and alerting
- Design core data models to optimize for ease-of-use, reliability, and performance
- Create shared tooling to improve data engineering productivity and quality across the company
- Influence the direction for key infrastructure and framework choices for data pipeline and management
- Demonstrate consistently executing with agility resulting in high-quality outcomes
- Manage individual initiative priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise
What we offer:
- An environment where you can quickly grow your skills and knowledge, and have the autonomy to make decisions regarding experiments and tests on a massive scale
- A+ compensation package, including stock incentives
- PTO, Holidays, 401k Match, and Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Free weekly lunches, a variety of office snacks, cold-brew and kombucha kegs, and team events
The anticipated gross annual base salary range for this role is $175,000 – $230,000 per year. Actual compensation will vary depending on factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, experience, and competencies. Base annual salary is one component of StubHub’s total compensation and competitive benefits package, which also includes equity, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, and comprehensive health benefits.
StubHub is the world’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to any live event, anywhere. Through StubHub in North America and viagogo, our international platform, we service customers in 195 countries in 33 languages and 49 available currencies. With more than 300 million tickets available annually on our platform to events around the world -- from sports to music, comedy to dance, festivals to theater -- StubHub offers the safest, most convenient way to buy or sell tickets to the most memorable live experiences. Come join our team for a front-row seat to the action.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity on our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.