StrongDM lives by a very simple principle: Put People First.
That means we do the right things by our colleagues, employees and customers. It also means developing products and solutions that improve the lives of our customers. Our commitment to People First is one of the reasons our year-over-year customer retention rate is an industry-leading 98%. Once a customer, forever a fan. That's our goal.
When you work at StrongDM, you work with people who care, technology that works, and customers who are obsessed with both the product and the support they receive.
If you ask any employee of StrongDM, you’ll find that our values truly are our guiding principles in everything we do–from how we make decisions to how we treat each other. That’s because these values represent the foundation for our culture and who we are as a company. It sounds cliche, we know. But trust us—we’re onto something good. G2 can confirm. ✔️
1. We embrace the mission
2. We pursue mastery
3. We are people first
4. We are smarter together
These are the values we seek to cultivate as an organization. They inform not just how we behave as individuals and teams, but also the unspoken traits of the candidates we hire and perspectives we take when helping and supporting customers. Speaking of candidates, we’re so glad you’re here! If this sounds like an environment you’d thrive in, read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Building the infrastructure for processing data from many different sources
- Designing and maintaining data infrastructure, pipelines, and databases in support of StrongDM’s overall product strategy
- Implement scalable, performant, and reliable data pipelines and data platforms for various use cases spanning business intelligence, machine learning, and more
- Ability to design large-scale data architectures that balance performance, cost, and platform flexibility
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience with building and maintaining data infrastructure in the cloud and at many PB scale. Must have experience with customer-facing data products e.g. embedded BI dashboards
- Experience with traditional databases (SQL and NoSQL), cloud data warehouses, and lake houses
- Experience with the following: Postgres, Redshift/Snowflake/BigQuery, Databricks, Dremio/Presto, Iceberg/Tabular and S3
- Able to manage data infrastructure programmatically using IaC (Terraform)
- Familiarity with popular BI tools like Looker, Tableau, Preset, and others.
- Good command of ETL tools like dbt, Airflow, Meltano
- You work very well cross-functionally and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- $160,000-$190,000 + equity salary packages
- Company sponsored benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (free to employees and dependents)
- 401K, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability coverage, life insurance
- 6 weeks of combined accrued vacation + sick time
- Volunteer days + standard holidays
- 24 weeks paid parental leave for everyone + 1 month transition time back + childcare stipend for first year
- Generous monthly and annual stipend for internet + home office