Full Stack Engineer, Internal Data Products
Sep 15, 2023
Toronto/ Canada Remote
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
At Stripe, we are building a powerful suite of Internal Data Products that enable all Stripes to understand, analyze, and take action based on data and metrics. As a Full Stack Engineer in our Internal Data Product Team, you will play a crucial role in developing high leverage tooling and user interfaces for data visualization and analysis, all of which are critical to driving data literacy and empowering decision-making across the organization.
What you’ll do
Joining our Internal Data Product Team means being part of an innovative and diverse team working on impactful projects that empower the entire Stripe organization. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of data-driven decision-making and help build world-class internal data products. If you have a passion for data, analytics, and delivering high-quality software, we would love to hear from you.
- Build and launch new capabilities and products that bring significant value to users.
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve technical and product problems.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust and scalable user interfaces and backend systems for our Internal Data Products, ensuring high performance, accessibility, and responsiveness.
- Uphold our high engineering standards, and elevate quality and engineering efficiency within our many codebases and processes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization including dependency engineering teams, product, design, infrastructure, and operations.
- Mentor engineers earlier in their technical careers to help them grow.
Who you are
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products; you’re passionate about solving business problems and making impact, you are comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
- Have a strong technical background, including 6+ years of experience working on full stack code bases and doing anything it takes to solve problems and delight users.
- Experience with front end technologies (HTML/CSS/Typescript/React/Redux/REST APIs).
- Prefer simple solutions and designs over complex ones, and have a good intuition for what will last and scale.
- Are motivated by solving hard problems, and measure your success in terms of impact doing so.
- Thrive in a highly collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Mastery of front end technologies (HTML/CSS/TypeScript/React/Redux/REST APIs) preferably involving data-oriented products or analytics tools.
- Proficiency in server-side programming using languages like Python, Node.js, or Go.
- Experience with data visualization libraries such as D3.js, Highcharts, or Plotly, and an understanding of principles of effective data visualization.
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases, and ability to design and optimize data schemas to support efficient querying and data processing, optimizing data pipelines, and ensuring seamless data flow across systems.