Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
Within Stripe, Risk is a dynamic space where we face ever-evolving challenges. Effective risk management plays a critical role in Stripe’s financial and partnership success. At the same time, we put users first and we want to continuously improve our good merchant user experience. You will be partnering with the Risk product and engineering teams and working with your fellow data analysts, scientists and engineers to measure and forecast our success, ensure high-quality decisions, and point towards future opportunities.
What you’ll do
In this role, you own the data, pipelines, metrics, and reports on merchant journeys through risk intervention, conversion, and friction. These data and metrics span across our risk verticals in fraud, credit risk, compliance, and others. You will work closely with partners to extract insights from these data and metrics. You will also work with leaders in our partner teams to use data to identify opportunities and measure progress in customer service and engineering efforts to improve Stripe's risk user experience. Additionally, you will build and improve metrics and dashboards to monitor the performance in this domain.
- Work closely with business, engineering, and customer service partners to translate business requirements to data problems.
- Own the canonical data for risk user experience and can effectively convert this data into actionable insights.
- Design, build and maintain data pipelines, metrics and dashboards to improve the availability and visibility of data and insights.
- Partner with leaders to effectively provide data insights and clearly communicate the context around the data.
- Partner with product managers, engineering and business partners to initiate and execute analytical projects, including scoping, identifying data source, constructing meaningful metrics and building pipelines and reports.
- Partner with other data scientists to run A/B experiments to improve our Risk products and improve user experience.
Who you are
- 3+ years experience in Business Intelligence Engineering, Data Engineering, Data Analysis or Data Science roles, building data pipelines and analyzing large datasets to solve problems
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field like Statistics, Economics, Science or Engineering
- Proficiency in SQL and Python
- Strong statistical knowledge
- Expertise in visualization and using data insights to make recommendations and achieve goals
- Proven ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects with great attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate results and drive impact. We bias towards actions at Stripe.
- Comfortable collaborating across functions to identify data analytics problems and execute solutions with technical rigor and data-driven insights.
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Prior experience at a growth stage internet or software company.
- Experience with distributed data frameworks like Hadoop and Spark to write and debug data pipelines.
- Good understanding of development processes and best practices like engineering standards, code reviews, and testing.