Streamline Defense seeks an exceptionally qualified candidate to serve as a Data Scientist supporting Headquarters, United States Special Operations Command (HQ USSOCOM) J52 Integration.
Supports USSOCOM J52 in developing USSOCOM strategy, policy, and plans that provide critical insights through structured and analytic studies of SOF strategies, plans, and posture to inform USSOCOM senior leaders’ strategic understanding and articulation of risk that drive decisions on forces, footprints, and agreements; planning guidance and implementation; and force development. Provide on-site software programming capability with emphasis in database development, maintenance, and performance improvements.
- Create and maintain the adjudication structure for headquarters, JCS, and OSD tasks and processes.
- Use database theory including relational databases to design table structures and relationships, queries, macros, forms, and reports; normalize data; and use data flow and entity relationship diagrams to accomplish daily tasks. Gather requirements and design databases to support assessments, analyses, and wargaming.
- Facilitate the preparation and input for all data and databases used for assessments, analyses, and wargaming. Prepare resulting data to facilitate analysis of results. Establish links to prepare files containing results data. Provide presentation data in various formats to the user.
- Apply all facets of database design to include table relationships, build complex queries, apply user interface, generate reports, and use automation. Integrate analytical applications (such as, but not limited to, R and/or Python modeling languages) to the suite of Microsoft applications (such as Excel, SharePoint, Access, and Word).
- Coordinate with operational technical experts.
- Create data management tools to support statistical/predictive analysis and cutting-edge algorithms. Develop tools and reports that assist users with access and data analysis.
- Verify and validate data for accuracy to ensure precise analysis results and apply a wide range of analytical data-mining techniques to produce complex, accurate data representations.
- Provide data reduction by increasing data reuse.
- Develop unique data views and analysis to include dynamic visualizations and maps using a variety of data sources.
- Generate finished products for presentation and final reporting.
- Current TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Civilian Education: BA/BS Preferred Disciplines: Applied Statistics, Operations Research, Systems Analysis, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or another related field.
- Optional Specialization: Computer Coding, Database Management and Planning, Network Services Planning.
Streamline is a professional and technical solutions company focused on the U.S. Defense, Intelligence, and Special Operations communities. Our talented team of analyst, engineers, and military professionals support our clients most demanding missions. We offer an unmatched opportunity to grow and learn in an exciting and entrepreneurial environment. Highly motivated individuals will find a culture that values their individual input and compensates them well for their efforts.
Streamline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.