Corporate Audit, AVP – Full Stack Data Scientist
Nov 16, 2023
BIG - Zielinskiego Krakow
Who we are looking for
Corporate Audit Data Analytics and Innovation Team is vital to Corporate Audit and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and risk and assurance insights to the Audit Department and Audit Stakeholders. We’re driving Corporate Audit’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence, robotics process automation, and visualizations. We are looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation Corporate Audit function.
The AVP, Full Stack Data Scientist is a hands on role that will design and develop multiple solutions within the Data Analytics & Innovation Team’s Center of Innovation. The candidate will utilize prior work experience in both the business and technical domains to provide dynamic assurance solutions. On a day to day basis, the job may entail working as a team to architect data oriented solutions, enhancements to our reporting solutions, build sustainable operating model and/or interacting with our business partners to prioritize, gather requirements on future initiatives and deliver impactful data science/AI solutions. The individual will be required to have a proven track record of delivery of technically advanced solutions in support of multiple, simultaneous initiatives that span multiple disciplines and business lines. This individual should have the ability to quickly get a solid understanding of existing and future State Street business, application and infrastructure environment and be able to investigate and apply new methods of data analysis and visualizations.
Why this role is important to us?
As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our team of 300+ professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for!
Your new role
Within Corporate Audit, our Data Analytics and Innovation Team works collaboratively with our stakeholders to manage project delivery and lead teams of data analytics resources in all aspects of design and delivery of innovative solutions. Data Analytics team is integrated into the audit function and assists in leveraging data as an asset throughout the audit lifecycle.
As a Corporate Audit - Full Stack Data Scientist, you will:
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to identify advanced analytics opportunities for Corporate Audit department and deliver impactful, innovative data products;
- Work on Proof-of-Concept, design and develop tools/applications to support the assurance and automation objectives of the audit department;
- Design interactive and user centric front end interface, build new data pipelines and create/utilize ML,NLP,AI models. Provide scalable solutions that work with large datasets without impacting performance;
- Develop, implement and document IT/model governance framework, procedures, aligned with industry wide best practices and bank wide policies/standards.
- Act as a liaison between the Corporate Audit team and other departments, fostering collaboration and knowledge sharing related to advanced analytics, automation, and other innovation initiatives.
What qualifications and skills we value
Experience and education:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Science or a related field is required;
- 6+ years of experience with advanced Python(ML,NLP,AI) and SQL is required;
- Experience and ability to integrate data with database environment is required and 2+ years hands on with front-end technologies is required;
- Relevant work experience at a financial services company and/or experience working in Risk/Control function is a plus;
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc is a plus.
Skills and competencies:
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence and Automation techniques such as Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning is required;
- Experience with cloud based analytic platforms such as AWS, Databricks, Azure, Snowflake is required;
- Strong demonstrated skills in UI technologies, data science and data engineering;
- Strong curious, analytical mindset, project management skills, ability to influence cross-functionally in a rapidly evolving business environment while managing multiple / concurrent projects;
- Advanced command of English; strong written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills.
What we offer:
- Permanent contract of employment from day one
- Additional holidays (Birthday Day Off, 3rd and 5th year anniversary Day Off)
- Gold medical package for employees and their families (partner and children)
- Premium life insurance package and private pension plan
- Employee savings plan
- Multisport card
- Wide range of soft skills training, technical workshop, language classes and development programs
- Opportunities to volunteer your time to company-driven initiatives, employee networks or organizations of your choice.
- Variety of well-being programs
- Technical or leadership career pathways
About State Street:
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.