Senior Analyst, Data Products & Insights X2
Nov 09, 2023
Johannesburg, South Africa
Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
To transform the user experience of CIB Operations’ services through the prioritisation and execution of impactful and data driven solutions (Intelligent Process Model) to drive future relevance of business and optimisation of services in alignment with strategy.
To research, analyse and interpret client/market/business data and deliverables to support implementation of strategic transformation initiatives and continuously improve operational efficiency.
To deliver against strategic objectives and thresholds to meet stakeholder expectations and contribute to delivery of CIB Operations future relevance aligned to strategy.
Part of the Data Products & Insights portfolio for the global CIB Operations business, the role requires:
- Transform data into actionable and valuable commodities, with a key focus on the data and insights from Process Mining as the golden source as we build out our Intelligent Process Model.
- Contribute toward the creation of commercially viable and widely available data products.
- Work alongside a team of data professionals to leverage data products and insights to drive transformation at all levels towards the CIB Operations future state.
Critical focus areas in the Intelligent Transformation value chain:
- Decide – Position objective data insights to ratify business cases of new solutions and drive decision making.
- Execute – Utilise data to track execution of new solutions and continuous improvement of Operations environments.
- Realise Value – Proactively track benefits realisation with observable and timely data points.
Critical Behavioural Competencies:
- Exploring possibilities
- Articulating information
- Challenging ideas
Critical Technical Competencies:
- Data storytelling and visualization
- Commercial mindset
- Results focus
Type of Qualification:
3-4 years demonstrated experience applying understanding of insights, metrics, strategy and benefits realisation measure across the organisational value chain to demonstrate value of successful implementation of initiatives to meet stakeholder expectations.
3-4 years demonstrated experience in Data Analytics and/or Data Science and the interpretation of data, analysis of results using statistical techniques, and reporting with tangible examples of driving impactful change.
1-2 years experience demonstrating an ability to partner with internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement fit for purpose solutions delivering tangible business value aligned to the overall organisational strategy.
1-2 years demonstrated experience aligning insights and trends to the overall strategic objectives to respond proactively to upcoming change while managing external and external challenges to promote the success of change.
- Developing Strategies
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Developing Expertise
- Convincing People
- Challenging Ideas
- Articulating Information
- Making Decisions
- Empowering Individuals
- Resolving Conflict
- Conveying Self-Confidence
- Showing Composure
- Exploring Possibilities
- Change Enablement
- Change Management (HR)
- Client Business Case
- Client Relationship Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Creative Problem Solving
- Data Analytics & Visualization
- Innovation Leader
- Insight Storytelling
- Operations Commercial Acumen
- Process Analysis and Redesign
- Process Automation Value Management
- Project Management
- Solution Design & Enablement
- Stakeholder Management
- Strategic Alignment & Execution
- Strategy Definition