Analyst, Data Management & Valuations
Sep 15, 2023
Johannesburg, South Africa
Standard Bank Group is a leading Africa-focused financial services group, and an innovative player on the global stage, that offers a variety of career-enhancing opportunities – plus the chance to work alongside some of the sector’s most talented, motivated professionals. Our clients range from individuals, to businesses of all sizes, high net worth families and large multinational corporates and institutions. We’re passionate about creating growth in Africa. Bringing true, meaningful value to our clients and the communities we serve and creating a real sense of purpose for you.
Support in providing infrastructure, tools and frameworks used to deliver end-to-end solutions to business problems. Build scalable infrastructure for supporting the delivery of business insights from raw data sources with a focus on collecting, managing, analysing, visualising data and developing analytical solutions. Responsible for expanding and optimising the organisations data and data pipeline architecture, whilst optimising data flow and collection to ultimately support data initiatives.
- Degree in Information Technology or Information Studies
Experience 3-4 years:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc. Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc. Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets. Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management. A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores.
- Working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases. Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Articulating Information
- Checking Details
- Developing Expertise
- Documenting Facts
- Embracing Change
- Examining Information
- Exploring Possibilities
- Following Procedures
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Data Analysis
- Data Quality
- Information Management
- Product and Services Knowledge
- Risk Awareness
- Risk Management
- Written Communication