Our mission on the Advertising Product & Technology team is to build a next generation advertising platform that aligns with our unique value proposition for audio and video. We work to scale the user experience for hundreds of millions of fans and hundreds of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities for our artists and creators.
Our Ad Tech team is responsible for the success of Spotify’s freemium business model that allows us to deliver an amazing audio experience to more than 380 million users worldwide. Together we’re paving the way for a sustainable global Spotify business that allows even more creators to make a living off their art. Come join us and help build the platform that powers promotion at Spotify.
This team builds and maintains listener, advertiser, and podcast publisher facing ad products and systems that enable these products. Our goal is to create an amazing ad experience for our listeners, while also bringing value to our advertisers and publishers.
As a Senior/Data Science II in this group you will use the whole range of data science tools and capabilities to conduct analysis related to one or more of the following areas of focus:
-User-facing advertising product development
-Client-facing product development for advertisers and podcast publishers
-Platform and machine learning engineering performance
What You’ll Do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract practical insights that will help drive product, platform, and business decisions
- Design and conduct A/B tests to drive iterative improvement to both user and advertiser metrics through efficient experimentation
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key partners
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of engineers, user researchers, product owners, designers, and business decision-makers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics
- Help us develop our knowledge and practice around the development and evaluation ML driven and user-focused products
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact, and help mentor peers
Who You Are
- You have 6+ years of experience in a similar data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative subject areas
- You have technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills for analytics and data extraction (such as SQL, Python, Pandas, R), data visualization skills (such as Tableau, matplotlib) to distill insights and statistical analysis skills to tease out patterns from noise
- You have experience with experimentation, forecasting, and creating models that you help move into production
- You have strong understanding of statistics and extensive experience using various analysis techniques, such as linear and logistic regression, significance testing, and statistical modeling.
- You value cross-disciplinary work and understand how to integrate qualitative research with your quantitative analysis
- You effectively communicate with a wide range of cross-functional partners: you able to both explain complex concepts to non-technical collaborators and have technical discussions with engineers
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and fluidity: you are able to initiate, refine and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance, adapting to new learnings and changing contexts
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be anywhere in the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
The United States base range for this position is $134236 - $191765, plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays, paid sick leave. This range encompasses multiple levels. Leveling is determined during the interview process. Placement in a level depends on relevant work history and interview performance. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.