Voted Best Places to Work in Austin, Best Paying Companies,
and Top Startup Companies by Forbes
SparkCognition looks to bring in the best talent in the world. To accommodate the hiring of our wildly talented teams, SparkCognition sponsors visa opportunities when appropriate.
Who are we and why this opportunity?
Drive change and create a footprint. SparkCognition invests in our employees and fosters collaboration throughout the organization. Our employees have the ability to work
globally with award-winning artificial intelligence (AI) technology within multiple industries.
What are the benefits and perks at SparkCognition?
Our full-time employees and their loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Below are some highlights - we’d love to connect and share more!
- Fast-paced evolving culture with the opportunity to drive new ideas and technology.
- Hybrid Work Environment - 4 days per week in office
- Stock Option Grants
- Generous Time Off Programs
- Medical Coverage, and Parental Leave Plans
- 401k with Employer Match
- Monthly Technology Allowance
- Large 2022 renovated office space centrally located near the Arboretum in Austin, TX- including fully stocked beverage and snack areas!
If you are not local to Austin, TX this role will be remote.
Welcome to the Solution Architect Team introduction! The mission of our team is to support the Sales Organization in communicating and demonstrating the technical value and capabilities of our AI-based products and solutions. We do this through strategic messaging and delivering customer-facing demonstrations of the technical methodologies and capabilities of our software. If you have a combination of technical curiosity, customer facing confidence, and the ability to take ownership and make things happen, then we would love to meet you.
As a Solution Architect (SA) you are responsible for discovering customer’s requirements, validation of customer data, and providing product expertise in the form of software demonstrations and asking probing questions to understand our customers’ problems and the scope of the solution required. You will be a deep technical expert on how SparkCognition software delivers technical value and how it is configured and deployed into customer environments. You will use your technical expertise and hands-on analytic capabilities to understand, communicate, and validate the customer’s data against the solution requirements.
Join us in:
- Partnering with Product and Services teams to stay up-to-date on capabilities, roadmap, and technical delivery
- Clearly messaging the technical value and limitations of our products in presentations and conversations
- Developing and delivering technical content to share across the broader team to help Marketing and Sales message the solution capabilities to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Gaining customer trust by asking pointed questions and being an excellent listener during calls and meetings
- Exceeding customer expectations with regards to responsiveness, professionalism, and honesty
- Validating and mapping customer technical requirements to SparkCognition product capabilities while taking into account the available data, IT infrastructure, and security requirements.
- Consolidating and communicating customer feedback to product and marketing teams
- Providing web and in-person product and data presentations and demonstrations of SparkCognition’s software to potential customers and partners
- Building and delivering demos using customer data to tell meaningful stories while documenting your work for both internal and external collateral
- Keeping excellent documentation of all customer interactions
- Scoping and writing customer proposals and responding to RFPs
- Scoping and delivering POC engagements using customer provided data
You will have:
- At least 5 years experience as a software engineer, technical sales, technical consulting, data analyst, data scientist, technical program manager, or similar work experience
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience with Python and familiar with Jupyter Notebooks, Pandas, and other libraries to visualize and model data using cloud-based VMs (Google, Azure, AWS)
- At least 3 years experience in customer facing roles
- A certificate or demonstrated experience in Data Science or Machine Learning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening and documentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership in coordinating and driving cross-functional efforts
- Flexibility to travel 20% or as business needs require
It would be great if you had:
- Experience working around heavy industrial environments with direct exposure to industrial safety or similar environments
- Experience with computer vision or vision-based AI modeling
- Experience in public speaking and promoting thought leadership
- Experience with IP network cameras and video streaming compression standards
- Experience configuring and deploying cloud services for compute and data storage
SparkCognition is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
SparkCognition prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
SparkCognition is committed to providing reasonable accommodation throughout the recruiting process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening, apply for a position, or participate in the interview process, connect with us at [email protected] and describe the specific accommodation request.
Reasonable accommodations are modifications or adjustments to the application or hiring process that would enable you to fully participate in that process. Examples of reasonable accommodations include but are not limited to:
- Documents in alternate formats or read aloud to you
- Having interviews in an accessible location
- Being accompanied by a service dog
- Having a sign language interpreter present for the interview