In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr. Director, Data Science & BI located in our Bellevue, WA office, or you may work remotely from anywhere in the US where Smartsheet is a registered employer.
- Build and deploy Machine Learning (ML) models and data pipelines, from training to inference, in production using MLOps best practices.
- Use pre-trained Generative AI models, deep learning models or traditional machine learning models to solve customer problems.
- Monitor and maintain production ML models by identifying and correcting for model drift/staleness, incorporating user feedback loops, and retraining models as necessary.
- Evaluate and recommend AI or ML solutions for the product using any combination of vendor solutions and/or custom built models.
- Distill complex ML concepts into easy to follow technical documentation.
- Partner effectively with software engineers and product managers to integrate the machine learning solution into the product.
- 3+ years of experience with creating, deploying and scaling machine learning solutions in a cloud environment (eg. AWS, GCP, Azure) and ability to use tools such as SageMaker, Glue, Lambda, Docker etc. to create ML models and data pipelines.
- 3+ years of experience in developing deep learning (especially NLP models) and traditional ML models using common frameworks like pytorch, tensorflow, huggingface, scikit-learn etc.
- 4+ years of programming experience in languages used in AI/ML (eg python, scala etc)
- Strong applied data science skills - ability to recognize data patterns, understand how and when to use various machine learning approaches (eg. supervised/unsupervised learning, deep learning etc.), and evaluate the performance of ML algorithms.
- Proven ability to remain up-to-date with the latest advancements in Generative AI approaches (eg. OpenAI, LangChain, Stable Diffusion APIs).
- Experience developing, documenting, and supporting REST APIs
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Smartsheet provides a competitive range of compensation for roles that may be hired in different geographic areas we are licensed to operate our business from. Actual compensation is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, level of professional, educational experience, skills, and specific candidate location. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer. California & New York: $124,200 to $178,200 | All other US States: $115,000 to $165,000.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!