Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
Sep 01, 2023
Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
**At SmartBear, we deliver the visibility developers need to make each release better than the last. Our award winning product are trusted by over 16 million developers at 32,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft.
About the role:
We’re seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to join our Business Operations team at SmartBear to help design, create, and maintain key data analysis and dashboards that will enable data-driven insights to assess on-going operations and support strategic decision making at SmartBear. Reporting directly to the Director of GTM Analytics, the BI developer will be a critical business partner to all areas of the business, with a primary focus on SmartBear’s Marketing, Sales and Product teams. This is a high-impact role that offers the opportunity to be an innovator of SmartBear’s data-driven solutions and to develop data-driven insights that will directly impact strategic decision making in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
Design, develop, and maintain business intelligence solutions, including Tableau dashboards
Collaborate with key stakeholders and GTM analytics team members to ensure BI outputs address the desired business metrics and drill-down capabilities
Understand the business questions & the related dashboard designs proposed,
Provide feedback on analysis logistics & design proposals, and
Communicate basis of presentation for dashboards created, including known data limitations, reconciliation concerns, & changes to initial design
Craft and execute data queries necessary for data analysis or work with SmartBear’s InfoSys team to create necessary queries for data analysis
Present information through reports and interactive visualizations across a variety of department needs and data sources
Ensure data analyses and dashboards reconcile to original data source
Troubleshoot / debug data quality or dashboarding issues
Develop sustainable and rigorous processes for ongoing data analysis and dashboarding maintenance, including speed of dashboards without compromising insights
Create ad-hoc data analysis and visualizations to contribute to measuring the status of various strategic initiatives at SmartBear
We are looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS degree and 2-4 years of experience in business intelligence developer roles
- Demonstrates strong technical ability with the following: Excel, PowerBI, SQL, and Tableau
- Utilizes data extraction/transformation, analytics, & visualization to enable meaningful business insights
- Has experience working with large datasets and creating interactive dashboards for analysis
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with relational databases/data models
- Exhibits strong project & process management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
- Exhibits excellent communication skills & ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast paced, high demand, results-oriented environment
- Knowledge of and experience with basic programming is a plus, including but not limited to: Python, R, C++, etc.
- SaaS industry experience is advantageous
- This role is based out of Somerville, MA
Why you should join the SmartBear crew
- You can grow your career at every level.
- We invest in your success as well as the spaces where our teams come together to work, collaborate, and have fun.
- We love celebrating our SmartBears; we even encourage our crew to take their birthdays off
- We are guided by a People and Culture organization - an important distinction for us. We think about our team holistically – the whole person.
- We celebrate our differences in experiences, viewpoints, and identities because we know it leads to better outcomes.
Did you know
- Our main goal at SmartBear is to make our technology-driven world a better place.
- SmartBear is committed to ethical corporate practices and social responsibility, promoting good in all the communities we serve.
- SmartBear is headquartered in Somerville, MA with offices across the world including Galway Ireland, Bath, UK, Wroclow, Poland and Bangalore, India.
- We’ve won major industry (product and company) awards including B2B Innovators Award, Content Marketing Association, IntellyX Digital Innovator and BuiltIn Best Places to Work
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.